DeLisa/Braddom new editions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PMmetoHelp

Why so serious?
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My PMR starts in July and while the program provides a copy of Braddom I wanted to get DeLisa.

On Amazon and Lippincott's sites it shows that the 4rth edition of DeLisa is the most recent and is from 2004. Most popular review books come out with updated editions every 4-5 years.

Has anyone heard of a new DeLisa or Braddom being released soon?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

My PMR starts in July and while the program provides a copy of Braddom I wanted to get DeLisa.

On Amazon and Lippincott's sites it shows that the 4rth edition of DeLisa is the most recent and is from 2004. Most popular review books come out with updated editions every 4-5 years.

Has anyone heard of a new DeLisa or Braddom being released soon?

Thanks

Probably not for a while. These texts are massive efforts and also require a lot of monitoring to ensure errors don't get through. At your level, invest in one of the basic texts. The basic knowledge is sufficient and if you need hte latest evidence go to pubmed.

Probably not for a while. These texts are massive efforts and also require a lot of monitoring to ensure errors don't get through. At your level, invest in one of the basic texts. The basic knowledge is sufficient and if you need hte latest evidence go to pubmed.

Thank you Xardas! Good points. Not to mention I can always upgrade when the new issue comes out.

Members don't see this ad :)
they are in the process of recruiting authors for the new editions of Braddom right now, so figure the new edition should come out in ~2 years

those texts read like washer and dryer manuals, IMHO

I was planning on getting Braddom in hard copy and accessing DeLisa online.

What do you suggest?
Thx

i guess my point was that i never found either text to be all that useful. id read a chapter and then say o myself "ok, what was that chapter about? it seemed to be either all fluff or overly specidic about things that i could care less about. i got more out of the subspecialty texts:

SCI: kirschblum
EMG: prestn and shapiro
MSK: take your pick

the problem is that we dont have a great text book. i think those 2 are your best options for overall reference, but plan on being a bit let-down.

i guess my point was that i never found either text to be all that useful. id read a chapter and then say o myself "ok, what was that chapter about? it seemed to be either all fluff or overly specidic about things that i could care less about. i got more out of the subspecialty texts:

SCI: kirschblum
EMG: prestn and shapiro
MSK: take your pick

the problem is that we dont have a great text book. i think those 2 are your best options for overall reference, but plan on being a bit let-down.

I heard that Frontera has a new one coming out this spring. Delisa has a number of key chapters that are left out of the Braddom text. I got both.

I would be interested to here which MSK books people are using b/c I can't seem to find a good one....

Do you have a link for the online DeLisa?

2 ways to access it

1. through my school's eLibrary:thumbup:
2. "google book search" - this is absolutely fantastic, skips a couple pages here and there but you can access almost any text out there:thumbup::smuggrin::thumbup:

:)
2 ways to access it

1. through my school's eLibrary:thumbup:
2. "google book search" - this is absolutely fantastic, skips a couple pages here and there but you can access almost any text out there:thumbup::smuggrin::thumbup:

:eek: :) OMFG!! I just checked out the google book search feature! Incredible. I use gmail, google reader and many other of google's services and am not surprised that they have another incredible application.

I was able to view the entire DeLisa on google books. The Braddom pulls up but the pages to the most recent edition (2007) does not seem to be viewable.

Thanks

Just realized you cant print from google reader! Probably better off that way. If I do print screen it will work, but way too much of a hassel and the font is going to be way small.

Last edited:
Actually, Delisa only has a limited view on google books. They omit ~1/7 of the pages.