Dental Anatomy Questions!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

syk

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

which of the following is a distiguishing characteristic of mandibulat lateral incisor?
1.incisal edge follows arch curvature in relation to faciolingual axis.
2.Incisal edge is perpendicular to faciolingual axis.
3.The cervical line curvature is greater distally than mesially.
4.Incisal edge is lingual to root bisector.
5.Mesiodistal dimension of facial surface is narrower than mandibular central incisor.

Members don't see this ad.

syk said:
Hi,

which of the following is a distiguishing characteristic of mandibulat lateral incisor?
5.Mesiodistal dimension of facial surface is narrower than mandibular central incisor.

ans) 1

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.I do appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad :)
i think the ans is 4,mandibular lateral incisors incisal edge will be twisted distolingually.correct me if iam wrong

Hi,

I feel both 1 & 4 hold true for mand lateral incisors.But 4 is true in case of mand centrals too.So,am guessing answer 1 might be more appropriate.Do correct me if am wrong .

hi guys

i believe both 1&4 choice r true ,but the most distinguishing characteristic will be the choice 1,if iam wrong pls let me know............thank u

syk said:
Hi,

I feel both 1 & 4 hold true for mand lateral incisors.But 4 is true in case of mand centrals too.So,am guessing answer 1 might be more appropriate.Do correct me if am wrong .

Hi,

I have confusion regarding the answer of this one...is it the intercondylar distance or the horizontal overlap?Do suggest.

Each of the following affects heights of cusps and depths of fossae on restorations except one.which one is the exception?

1.Curve of spee
2.Intercondylar distance
3.Vertical overlap of anterior teeth
4.Horizontal overlap of ant teeth
5.Stepness of atricular eminence.

2)Which of the following ridges representslinear elevation that extends from disto incisal angle to cingulam?
1.Distal
2.lingual
3.cervical
4.distolingual
5.distal marginal.

Anybody please answer these q's

syk said:
Hi,

I have confusion regarding the answer of this one...is it the intercondylar distance or the horizontal overlap?Do suggest.

Each of the following affects heights of cusps and depths of fossae on restorations except one.which one is the exception?

1.Curve of spee
2.Intercondylar distance

2)Which of the following ridges representslinear elevation that extends from disto incisal angle to cingulam?
1.Distal
2.lingual
3.cervical
4.distolingual
5.distal marginal.

syk said:
Hi,

1.Curve of spee
2.Intercondylar distance

ans 2

Which of the following ridges representslinear elevation that extends from disto incisal angle to cingulam?
1.Distal
2.lingual
3.cervical
4.distolingual
5.distal marginal.
ans 3

syk said:
Hi,

1.Curve of spee
2.Intercondylar distance
ans is 2

Hi,
Thanks .But for 2 q..why is it not distal marginal?

total no of cusps that are normally visible from the distal aspect of the crow of a maxillary 1st molar:
a.1
b.2
c.3
d.4
e.5

ans:4 cusps
becos of the tendency of the crown to taper distally on the buccal surface,most of the buccal surface of the crown may be seen from distal aspect.also b-l measurement is greater mesially.
pls correct me if i am wrong

Members don't see this ad :)
prior to attrition,the cusp tip of the canines is normally located over the root centre,in the mesio-distal dimension,on the crown of ;?
a.mand
b.max
c.both permanent
d.neither permnent

kaplan says that in perm max canine,cusp tip is centerd in M-D diameter,and the incisal edge is centered over the tooth labiolingually..but in all other books and even on internet they say that , distal cusp ridge is longer than mesial cusp ridge except in max 1st premolar and max primary canine...and in case of max canine ,the cusp tip is a little labially displaced or labial to the bisecting line of the tooth..then what shud be the answer for the above mentioned que..

mahima_dentist said:
prior to attrition,the cusp tip of the canines is normally located over the root centre,in the mesio-distal dimension,on the crown of ;?
a.mand
b.max
c.both permanent
d.neither permnent

kaplan says that in perm max canine,cusp tip is centerd in M-D diameter,and the incisal edge is centered over the tooth labiolingually..but in all other books and even on internet they say that , distal cusp ridge is longer than mesial cusp ridge except in max 1st premolar and max primary canine...and in case of max canine ,the cusp tip is a little labially displaced or labial to the bisecting line of the tooth..then what shud be the answer for the above mentioned que..

The Ans is Max Canine.....the cusp tip is "centered" M-D
and "Labially" Labio-lingually and thats the reason if u cut a canine in LS itwill not include the cusp tip,The facial section will.

mahima_dentist said:
a.mand
b.max
c.both permanent
d.neither permnent

and "Labially" Labio-lingually and thats the reason if u cut a canine in LS itwill not include the cusp tip,The facial section will.

eyeforstars said:

then why is it said that distal cusp ridge is longer than mesial cusp ridge..if the cusp tip is centered M-D..plz explain

Hi,

The cusp tip is centered on ROOT and the cusp ridges need not be equal for this.Correct if am wrong.

From an occlusal view,which of the following anatomical features are frequently found on both primary max first and second molars?
1)Four major cusps are evident.
2)oblique ridges are well developed.
3)Marginal ridges are well developed.
4)Outline forms are rectangular in shape.
5)crowns converge to lingual and distal.

2)From a facial view,which of the following condition is present on both the primary max 1 & 2 molars?

1)A short root trunk.
2)Crowns resembling the max 1 molar
3)Presence of 3 roots,2 on the lingual and 1 on the facial.
4)an indinstinct facial developmental groove separating 2 facial cusps.
5)Straighter ,distally positioned root as opposed to the mesially positioned root.

Anybody?

syk said:
From an occlusal view,which of the following anatomical features are frequently found on both primary max first and second molars?

2)From a facial view,which of the following condition is present on both the primary max 1 & 2 molars?

1)A short root trunk.
5)Straighter ,distally positioned root as opposed to the mesially positioned root.

syk said:

Ans is (5)

1)A short root trunk.
5)Straighter ,distally positioned root as opposed to the mesially positioned root

Ans is 1)

Which of the following represents the total number of cusps that are normally visible from the distal aspect of crown of maxillary molar?
1)1
2)2
3)3
4)4
5)5.

Its been answered as 4 cusps.But if you see the diagram in the book,the buccal surface is seen but not the mesial cusps.I think its 3.Anybody plz do correct.

Yes the Ans is 4, bcoz the distal aspect the DMR is not so prominent as of the mesial aspect so all the cusps can be seen and the question need to be specfic about which molar are they talking about if it is 4cusped molar normally you can see all the four cusps. hope this helps.
syk said:
Which of the following represents the total number of cusps that are normally visible from the distal aspect of crown of maxillary molar?
1)1
2)2
3)3
4)4
5)5.

Its been answered as 4 cusps.But if you see the diagram in the book,the buccal surface is seen but not the mesial cusps.I think its 3.Anybody plz do correct.

Thanks.

Which of the following primary grooves uniting in the distal pit on the occlusal surface of mandibular second molar represents the one that normally has no counterpart in the distal pit of first molar?

1.Distolingual
2.DF triangular
3.DL triangular
4.distal marginal
5.distal portion of central.

I dont think its 4 & 5.Mandibular first molar has grooves that crosses marginal ridges whereas second molar doesnt .Please suggest.

2)Which of the following teeth more likely have only one or no pulp horns?
a Maxillary incisors.
b Mandibular incisors
c Maxillary Premoalrs
d Mandibular premolars

1. 3
2. d

syk said:
Thanks.

Which of the following primary grooves uniting in the distal pit on the occlusal surface of mandibular second molar represents the one that normally has no counterpart in the distal pit of first molar?

1.Distolingual
2.DF triangular
3.DL triangular
4.distal marginal

I dont think its 4 & 5.Mandibular first molar has grooves that crosses marginal ridges whereas second molar doesnt .Please suggest.

a Maxillary incisors.
b Mandibular incisors
c Maxillary Premoalrs
d Mandibular premolars

1. 3
2. d

syk said:
Thanks.

1.Distolingual
2.DF triangular
3.DL triangular
4.distal marginal

a Maxillary incisors.
b Mandibular incisors
c Maxillary Premoalrs
d Mandibular premolars

1. 3
2. d

syk said:
Thanks.

1.Distolingual
2.DF triangular
3.DL triangular
4.distal marginal

a Maxillary incisors.
b Mandibular incisors
c Maxillary Premoalrs
d Mandibular premolars

syk said:
Hi,

Hi I think the answr is 1

Thanks.

1.Distolingual
2.DF triangular
3.DL triangular
4.distal marginal

a Maxillary incisors.
b Mandibular incisors
c Maxillary Premoalrs
d Mandibular premolars
Hey what's the answe to this pulp horn question

maxillary and mandibular incisors have 3 pulp horns unless its a peg lateral which would have 1 pulp horn (but that is not in options)
mandibular first PM may have 1 (in case lingual cusp is functionless) or 2 pulp horns
As the mandibular first PM more often has a non functional lingual cusp I would go with mandibular PM