Dental and Medical Match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentist4life

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a way to increase the probability of a dental and medical student matching at the same program or perhaps the same city for their respective training programs?
I only ask because I am applying to OMFS and my fiancee is applying to radiology programs and we would like to be in the same vicinity.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

dentist4life said:
Does anyone know if there is a way to increase the probability of a dental and medical student matching at the same program or perhaps the same city for their respective training programs?
I only ask because I am applying to OMFS and my fiancee is applying to radiology programs and we would like to be in the same vicinity.

Thanks

Are you applying to 4 or 6 year programs or both? I haven't heard of combined matches when one is a dental residency and one is a medical residency.

dentist4life said:

Thanks
There is a guy in my program that did this exact thing. It wouldn't hurt to put in a phone call to the programs that you are both interested in, telling them of the situation. If they like you, they may try to help you out in that arena. It worked for my upper level.