Dental Decks + other resources

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iAiAiA

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I wanted to ask if it’s important to have the most recent dental decks to prepare for the NBDE.

I have some from 10 years ago.

Also, along with the dental decks, is using the mastery app + first aid book sufficient?

Also - how long is a recommended study time? I usually study about a week before each dental school exam to do well.

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I think the decks that are floating around are 2013-2014, so no need to have the most recent ones.

Also, along with the dental decks, is using the mastery app + first aid book sufficient?
I'd say yes, but decks are a load to get through, as is the first aid book. I'd probably just pick one of them and do the mastery app.
Also - how long is a recommended study time? I usually study about a week before each dental school exam to do well.
Probably about 2-3 weeks is what most people study for, during school breaks. If you're studying during school, probably a little longer depending on just how much time you can put toward studying.

I took it at the end of last month during winter quarter, so I studied during winter break and on weekends, and then pretty much only did this the 5 days before my test. Did mastery app mostly, and a little bit of the decks. Lots of it was review so I was going back through my notes a ton too.

There are other resources like B&B Dental and Pass the Dental Boards, that have really good videos. You can also buy/find the ADSA Released Test questions and use those too.

Reactions: 1 user
I think the decks that are floating around are 2013-2014, so no need to have the most recent ones.

I'd say yes, but decks are a load to get through, as is the first aid book. I'd probably just pick one of them and do the mastery app.

Probably about 2-3 weeks is what most people study for, during school breaks. If you're studying during school, probably a little longer depending on just how much time you can put toward studying.

I took it at the end of last month during winter quarter, so I studied during winter break and on weekends, and then pretty much only did this the 5 days before my test. Did mastery app mostly, and a little bit of the decks. Lots of it was review so I was going back through my notes a ton too.

There are other resources like B&B Dental and Pass the Dental Boards, that have really good videos. You can also buy/find the ADSA Released Test questions and use those too.

thank you!

Reactions: 1 user