Dental Fraud! What can I do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hooniedee

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Jan. 2005 - 8 months ago, I had oral surgery costing ~$500.
Procedures were billed under both my health and dental insurances. Both insurances paid in full.
I found out only 3 months ago (doh!). I called several times, always got the billling secretary and given the usual "the accountants are working on it, I can't authorize a check reimbursement until they inform me" blah blah B.S.
No check has been sent. Again, this was a mistake which was overlooked in January... I called in June repeatedly, and now it is September and no $500 reimbursement has been sent.
I got an Explanation of Benefits from my health insurance and sent it to the dental insurance. Nothing has been done.

Incompetency all around? No...I am strongly suspicious that this dental fraud, what can I do? It seems as if this is a fool proof way for my dental surgeon to make lots of money and get away with it. I mean, how could he ever get caught, unless, lots of people found out and informed their insurances. But most ppl don't know nuthin about their insurances anyway and everyone has different insurances so he could just do this multiple times a year using different types of insurance each time and get away with it. Right?

Of course, I recognize my errors in this mess, and I was almost asking for it. One, I didn't realize the mistake until too late, because I wasn't able to acess my paper mail...Two, I should have sent the EOB from my medical ins to my dental ASAP. bah! so angry right now.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.