Dental license requirements in WA State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ourlovestory

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear Fellow Dentists,
I'm Foreign-Trained Dentist and want to be licensed in WA which requires two years of Pre-Doctoral or Post-Doctoral degree based on the info I received from the state dental broad below.
************************************* Email from WA dental board ***********************************
Transcripts and letter from the dean of a 2 year ADA approved residency and/or post graduate in the USA.
-The letter from the Dean must have applicants name, the ADA approved program title, dates attended, and must state:
“certification by the dean of that school that the candidate has achieved the same level of didactic and clinical competence as expected of a graduate of that school.”
****************************************************************************************************
My question is do you know of any University of Washington (UW) Post-Doctoral that satisfies the license 2 years requirement? I know UW offeres Pre-Doctoral (International DDS) program but I am looking for Post-Doctoral Program.
I contacted UW multiple time and they don't really respond so I decided to ask my colleges here.

Please let me know, Thanks a lot!

Members don't see this ad.

University of Washington offers masters degrees that can accept Foreign-Trained Dentists, such as the Graduate Prosthodontics Program and others. Do you know if these post-grad programs are accepted by WA state dental board? does it help with the license? Did anyone do any research about these post-grad programs @ UW? Any information helps. Thanks.