Dental Operatory set up at home?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

simpledimple9

Reaction score
Anyone know of or tried to have their own operatory dental set up at home to practice preps and restorations? I feel like with covid I am not getting in the practice I need. If anyone has done this/knows of anyone who has done this and has some info would love if you can share

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Yep, its fairly easy to set up one at home though not exactly cheap to set up. All you need is a typodont, a mounting pole, and a portable dental unit, and you're pretty much set.

This is an example of how a home set up can look.

Lots of international dentists practice using home setups before bench exams so there are plenty of materials and resources out there to set one up if you're serious about home practice

Reactions: 1 user
That's amazing, thank you so much! Do you or know of anyone that has experience with the man in the videos products? Or any other reputable brands products? I found some on ebay too, just want to make sure I invest in the right place. Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Check ebay. You can get a setup for $150 if you buy separately or around $450 if you decide to get all in one unit

That's amazing, thank you so much! Do you or know of anyone that has experience with the man in the videos products? Or any other reputable brands products? I found some on ebay too, just want to make sure I invest in the right place. Thanks

I haven't a clue who that man is but like oralcare 123 said, ebay is your best bet. Realistically you won't be using it so intensely that you'll need to splash out on a very expensive piece of kit, so any cheap generic Chinese brand will do. Just make sure when you're ordering that who check out if you also need a handpiece coupler to fit any existing handpieces you have (otherwise you'll need to buy a near handpiece)

Don't want to be politically incorrect, but equipment on ebay usually comes with made in China handpiece. If purchased separately costs about $25 anyway. Equipment is noisy and slow, but works for the purpose

ebay unit/hand piece, get a compressor at harbor freight, the quiet one from fortress, you don't want the cheap loud ones. Get a desk clamp typodont mount, and find a cheap manikin mask if you can