This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDentist66

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here are my DAT scores:
First attempt: AA18. TS19. Bio19. Orgo 19. GC 19. RC 16. QR 18. Pat 20
Second attempt: AA19. TS20. Bio19 Orgo 21 GC20 RC16 QR17 PAT19

I am a Florida resident and have a 3.5 GPA and ~3.4 sGPA. In total, I have about 400 hours of shadowing experience, tons of volunteers and volunteered at underserved area as well.

Here are my list of schools so far.
1. touro
2. NYU
3. LECOM
4. Western University of Health Sciences College of Dental Medicine
5. Marquette
6. Meharry College of Dentistry
7. Creighton

Any suggestions or other schools you would suggest applying to with my stats?

Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

RC is going to hurt you. It’s usually the one looked at for academic success while in dental school. I’m not going to say it’s a must to retake it, but you have two options:

(1) Retake and add more schools.
(2) Just add more schools and maybe you’ll get lucky. Some schools may emphasize something else over RC. You’ll have to do your research.

Why didn’t you add UF? Definitely add them.

I agree with ^. I would add a lot more private schools because of your DAT scores. I would add Tufts, Midwestern and Detroit Mercy if they accept less than 17 for certain sections for DAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
RC is going to hurt you. It’s usually the one looked at for academic success while in dental school. I’m not going to say it’s a must to retake it, but you have two options:

(2) Just add more schools and maybe you’ll get lucky. Some schools may emphasize something else over RC. You’ll have to do your research.

I am planning to retake it in August. And you are right, I should probably add UF on my list!

These are updated school list. What do you guys think??
1. touro
2. NYU
3. UF
4. LECOM
5. NOVA
6. Boston
7. UNLV
8. Indiana
9. UDM
10. Columbia
11. UMKC
12. Midwestern-Illinois
13. MW-AZ
14. marquette
15. Creighton
16. MOSDOH
17. ULSD
18. Meharry College of Dentistry

source? this sounds like BS to me tbh.

source? this sounds like BS to me tbh.

Google it. Read old threads. Call the admissions committee. Every school is different. You’ll be doing a lot of reading in DS with MUCH LESS time than you have to memorize Bio and Chem stuff for the DAT. So what’s the best predictor for being able to take info in a short time and apply it methodically/analytically/conceptually/etc.?

I wouldn't apply to over 15 schools. If you aren't competitive for 15 schools, then you aren't competitive for anything more than 15 schools. Cut some of the ones that are not very OOS friendly. And maybe ones that will put you in a lot of debt (like NYU).

These are updated school list. What do you guys think??
1. touro
2. NYU
3. UF
4. LECOM
5. NOVA
6. Boston
7. UNLV
8. Indiana
9. UDM
10. Columbia
11. UMKC
12. Midwestern-Illinois
13. MW-AZ
14. marquette
15. Creighton
16. MOSDOH
17. ULSD
18. Meharry College of Dentistry

I would take out a couple of schools. I personally would take out Columbia, UNLV and NYU but its up to you what you want to do!

I would also take out UMKC, they only have very few spots for people outside of MO, KS, NM, HI. And only people with stellar stats outside those states get in.