Dental school supplies?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mailfroggys

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
just wondering, do you guys buy your supplies (e.g. plastic teeth, burs, extra instruments, etc) directly from the school or from a dental company like Henry Schein or Dentsply? i think dental school stores are more expensive than outside sources..is that true?

Members don't see this ad.

everyone buys materials from school??

Members don't see this ad :)
I buy them from my school...it is cheaper. My school buys everything in bulk and then sells them to us at cost, so we could never get a cheaper price buying them ourselves....I've checked.

dr_benj said:
I buy them from my school...it is cheaper. My school buys everything in bulk and then sells them to us at cost, so we could never get a cheaper price buying them ourselves....I've checked.

i think suuplies at my school (nyu) is more expensive than outside..well anything related to ny is more expensive than the outside

i have been buying teeth like they are candies. pretty soon i will be buying more burs as the level of frustration builds. lol

we buy handpiece, loupe, etc from school and they're cheaper than outside. starting this year, we also get unlimited supply of teeth for the mannequins to work on...ya!!!

also, burs are unlimited too.

aphistis said:

This dude looks like that guy that was on ER. Green ???

His girlfrined looks like that guy....oh yea,,, HERMAN MUNSTER..

Sweewww I would change pictures.

You guys have to buy everything yourselves? We just go to the dispensary and they give us everything we need -- within reason. Are you guys in charge of sterilizing your own stuff? How do you manage it between patients or do you have multiple handpieces and instrument cassetes and just sterilize it all at the end of the day?

BTW, applebite what's up with ripping on everyone's avatar? Making fun of a guy's girlfriend is pretty crummy.

12YearOldKid said:
BTW, applebite what's up with ripping on everyone's avatar? Making fun of a guy's girlfriend is pretty crummy.

Crummy. I am not trying to be mean. Just look at her.

Take a good look at her and tell me what you think please !!!

LURCH IM home !

LestatZinnie said:
we buy handpiece, loupe, etc from school and they're cheaper than outside. starting this year, we also get unlimited supply of teeth for the mannequins to work on...ya!!!

also, burs are unlimited too.

send some of those teeth and burs over here!! ill pay you 1/2 of what its worth! hah

APPLEBITE said:
This dude looks like that guy that was on ER. Green ???

His girlfrined looks like that guy....oh yea,,, HERMAN MUNSTER..

Sweewww I would change pictures.

His girlfriend reminds me of an old roomates girlfriend who I had the total hots for. I think she is pretty cute.