Dental schools with nice facilities.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

b-rad12

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
In the US which dental schools have the newest and or nicest facilities?

Members don't see this ad.

I heard Maryland has a new clinic. Temple University underwent renovations recently.

But in all honesty: you are asking the wrong question.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I heard Maryland has a new clinic. Temple University underwent renovations recently.

But in all honesty: you are asking the wrong question.

On an earlier post I read all about which school provides the best education etc.. So I was just curious like what schools were most high tech.

UTSD at Houston has a brand new building that we moved into last year. Clinic is great alongside having good clinical faculty and requirements. Downside is that they are trying to approve a new tuition increases of $1,500 for next year and then another 6k/yr the year after that. Tuition right now is around $17,800 and fees are about $5,500 ~ total of $24-25K. New schools come with a price…glad I'm getting out of dental school next year.

A better question should be...which school have the absolute cheapest tuition.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm betting it's Maryland but who cares?

Penn has a great building, but its pre-clinic is a dungeon. I'm guessing that Western has a sweet building because it is a newer school.

I thought Colorado and Midwestern-AZ probably had the nicest facilities and newest equipment (I believe both are under 5 years old). Buildings had lots of natural light coming in (doesn't hurt that they are in sunny locations) and everything looked untouched. But yeah I really don't know how this is a factor that people actually consider, especially in the company of cost, location, and its curriculum/reputation.

Midwestern AZ, Midwestern IL, Roseman were all super nice because they were pretty much brand new. Western was nice but the surrounding area wasn't the greatest, although most people choose to live few minutes outside of pomona.

Newest facilities will be Oregon (this fall), UOP (2 weeks ago), and Utah (this fall).