Dental students: do you use laptops or notebooks to take notes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clouds772

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which is more popular, and which school do you attend?

Members don't see this ad.

At MWU-Az, we were "given" MacBook Pros at orientation (we still paid for it as part of a technology fee). Lot's of students use those. Many also use iPad/tablets. I don't think I've ever seen a sheet of paper in the class room.

They record most lectures (at the presenter's discretion) and I rewatch the videos and hand write my notes at home though; when I'm able to pause and rewind to keep up with my note taking.

Bottom line, I don't know that "which is more popular?" should really matter. You've spent all your years in undergrad and should have a good idea of what study techniques work for you. Just do what works for you and don't worry about what everyone else does.

Even while studying for exams here, every student has a different method. I rewatch EVERY lecture, usually twice and almost never look at study guides/slide presentations. I talk to fellow students who think I'm crazy while they only study from the slides and guides and never watch a video. Just do your thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I always had my MacBook and typed. It was much faster, and ergonomically, your hand will kill if you write notes. Some people took those typed notes and rewrote them (by hand), or retyped them into a more organized format after the class. We all shared notes on a group FB page.

Reactions: 1 user