Dentinal Tubules/Infection

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

luna2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it possible for bacteria to reside in dentinal tubules after a root canal treatment?
Are antiseptic solutions enough to penetrate the dentinal tubules?

These people are suggesting that bacteria is still found residing in the dentinal tubules after treatment, is it true?

http://www.terfinfo.com/Files/Root%2...0Release_2.pdf

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
[Duplicate post]

I prefer EBM.;)

Members don't see this ad :)
So do I, and I am looking for any evidence that debunks this.

Last edited:
Member 87349, the page you linked to mentions amalgram fillings. My post is about bacteria. Specifically this:

"In the study that is the subject of this news release, TERF found that by looking at DNA reports of 43 root canal samples, a total of 42 different species of anaerobic bacteria were found out of a potential of 85 choices. The number of different microbes ranged from 11 to 40 in individual tooth tests."

The pathogens they claim to have found are: Veillonella parvula, Candida albicans, Capnocytophaga ochracea, Porphyromas gingivalis, Gemella morbillorum, Actinomyces naeslundii, Neisseria meningitides, Escherichia coli, Streptococcus intermedius, Staph aureus

The main question: how can we really be sure that a root canal tooth is fully disinfected and safe? We can't look inside of the teeth to really see what is going on at a microscopic level. So how do we know that this is untrue?

Last edited: