Dentist from india with an mds degree applying for dds

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mudala

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hie
Am an dentist from india . I have completed my BDS followed by MDS in endodontics . After completion of my masters I got married & shifted to us. So I eargerly want to know that does mds degree will have any sort of preference or consideration during addmission process of DDS.
nbde -I & II - pass
TOEFL - 105
Mds
Work experience - 2 yrs In india.
Papers and poster presented in some of the conference.
Project or I mean research work done during my masters
Visa - EAD

Members don't see this ad.

I too have MDS in OMFS and got into DDS this year but yes MDS in home country does not add significantly to your profile for selection into DDS. We never know what the schools are looking for, sometimes people with lots of experience even with US experience struggle for years to get in. But your stats. looks good. Give it a try and get some good LOR's and a good SOP. And also try some US experience like shadowing etc....

Reactions: 1 user
I too have MDS in OMFS and got into DDS this year but yes MDS in home country does not add significantly to your profile for selection into DDS. We never know what the schools are looking for, sometimes people with lots of experience even with US experience struggle for years to get in. But your stats. looks good. Give it a try and get some good LOR's and a good SOP. And also try some US experience like shadowing etc....

First of all congratulations :)) so which university are you into ?? Thank you for your helpful reply. How long did it tAke for you to get the addmission ?? Can I know about your profile if you don't mind... .. And actually am looking for some samples of recommendation letter... Do u have your LOR copy

Members don't see this ad :)
First of all congratulations :)) so which university are you into ?? Thank you for your helpful reply. How long did it tAke for you to get the addmission ?? Can I know about your profile if you don't mind... .. And actually am looking for some samples of recommendation letter... Do u have your LOR copy
thanks, I got at the first attempt this year. nbde part 1 & 2, 2 US shadowings. Awards back home n one international n lots of extracurricular activities both sports n literature. Few publications in US. As for LOR the dentist whom you approach will give it and no one will be ready to share their LOR/SOP. :)

thanks, I got at the first attempt this year. nbde part 1 & 2, 2 US shadowings. Awards back home n one international n lots of extracurricular activities both sports n literature. Few publications in US. As for LOR the dentist whom you approach will give it and no one will be ready to share their LOR/SOP. :)
That's a good stat .:) oh okie that's fine no problem.. Sorry I didn't know that they will not share :(

Awards back home n one international n lots of extracurricular activities both sports n literature. Few publications in US. As for LOR the dentist whom you approach will give it and no one will be ready to share their LOR/SOP
MMoT9l

Awards back home n one international n lots of extracurricular activities both sports n literature. Few publications in US. As for LOR the dentist whom you approach will give it and no one will be ready to share their LOR/SOP
MMoT9l
?

hi honesty pays, could I know what publications and awards you have?

Reactions: 1 user
Hi currently pursuing MDS Endodontics...Want to apply for DDS..What requirement they ask for??

Hi I am a dentist from India with an MDS degree in Endodontics. My scores however haven't been great in either BDS or MDS. I scored an aggregate of 55.75 in BDS and 60 in MDS (minimum pass marks being 50 in both). I have one year experience as a consultant endodontist since my PG got over and have been a senior lecturer since March 2015. I also have done a 2 week certificate course in current concepts in american dentistry from NYU, New York. I am not sure about the GPA scenario and I have a feeling based on my marks my GPA won't be good. I am planning on taking NBDE part I in 3 months but is it really worth it or is my GPA going to ruin my chances of getting accepted into any dental school there? I took TOEFL in March 2014 and score 102 in it.

Please let me know your views on this. I would appreciate any and every advice I get from you guys. Thanks a lot!

Hello sir/ma’am.
Your experience has motivated and inspired me. Thank you.
I am a 22 yo female graduated last month with BDS degree from a reputed dental college in mangalore with a decent score.
I was planning on writing the neet exams in jan 2018 for mds.
But now I have a proposal from an engg in the US and so I am really confused about if there is scope and hope for me in the US and how to go about it.
I am very determined to crack the nbde.
Also someone suggested i do MPH and this has got me more confused.
Kindly please guide me.
Thank you so much.

Hello sir.
I am a 22 yo female graduated last month with BDS degree from a reputed dental college in mangalore with a decent score.
But now I have a proposal from an engg in the US and so I am really confused about if there is scope and hope for me in the US and how to go about it.
Kindly please guide me.
Thank you so much.

Hello sir.
Kindly please guide me.
Thank you so much.
Hello,
There are a lot many international dental students who are here in the US on their H4 visa, i.e they are married to a guy/girl in the US who is working here. Based on my experience, I can suggest you to have a clear line of thought, the future prospectus is no doubt good and is totally doable, especially for a new graduate like you. Message in case you have any further que