Dentist LOR?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

boston2512

Reaction score
J

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
A dentist LOR of recommendation is a letter of recommendation written by a dentist on behalf of a student or candidate applying to dental school or a dental job. This letter is typically used to outline the candidate's abilities, skills, and personality and highlight their potential for success in the dental profession.

It is important to choose a dentist who knows you well and can accurately describe your achievements. A strong LOR plays an important role in your dental school and job search success.

This smells like a ChatGPT output lol. But yes, a dentist LOR should outline what was said above. Honestly, you don't 'need' and dentist LOR unless the school specifically asks for it. If you are a non-trad or a career changer it may help to have one to help adcoms. I didn't have one and no one mentioned that I didn't have one or even asked if I planned on getting one. I had the shadowing hours, I explained my experience within the practice and how I liked that experience and knew it was a good fit.

It sounds like part of this experience is also a little bit of volunteer work. Though you could count all the hours as shadowing if you so choose, I don't think it would make a huge difference.

Is the dentist asking you to write the letter or what you'd like to be put into the letter?

Reactions: 1 user
Welcome to the forums.

When I read an LOR, I look for evidence of the strength of the relationship between the applicant and the reference. How long have you known each other? What are the applicant's responsibilities, and how did the person exceed expectations. Why would you want to train this person to take over your practice? Convince me this person is the best dentist ever, because many other dentist letters will say such.

There are more suggestions, but that would depend on the school.

Reactions: 1 user