Dentist refused me service!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read Dr. Jeff's post and agree 100%. I didn't have time to read through this whole thread but assume that a little bit of this patient's personality is showing on here the dentist's decision.

I just don't think it was as black and white as she/he first explained and some less experienced students on here fell hook line and sinker for the sob story. It's not like I've seen that many patients but I do know that in my experience after 2 years of patient care I can spot the problem patients after sitting with them for 5 minutes, as Jeff explained.

Members don't see this ad.

DcS said:
I just don't think it was as black and white as she/he first explained and some less experienced students on here fell hook line and sinker for the sob story.
Thank you sir. Man, I thought I was the only person on SDN that felt this person is a nuisance.

I think this quote sums up the whole thread:
care bear said:
... I asked if any healthy tooth structure is removed when a crown is placed. my understanding was that yes, that is the case..
Your understanding?!! You already knew the answer to the damn question!!

And you know she's not telling the whole story. SOrry to be so mean here, but I feel like I'm obliged to point out the glaringly obvious to people who don't see the real story. From her 2nd post, it was clear that this woman has some sort of personality disorder - I don't care if she's in med school.

maybe that with all the questions (and as a med student), the dentist felt that you are a perfectionist, and that he/she would not be able to provide you with something that you would be pleased with. If you dont feel you can make the patient happy, it's in your and the patient's best interest that you not provide them with care that is readily available at at least three other offices. just my 2 cents.

Members don't see this ad :)
delicious said:
Thank you sir. Man, I thought I was the only person on SDN that felt this person is a nuisance.

From her 2nd post, it was clear that this woman has some sort of personality disorder - I don't care if she's in med school.

You're about as much a psychiatrist as she is a dentist.

aphistis said:

:laugh:

aphistis said:

hahhhahahahahhaa

that was funny

HD

Sweeti8286 said:
I thought that it's illegal to refuse service- the only valid excuse really is that you don't accept their insurance policy.....

you cant refuse tx based on areas like their medical history - hep C but no where does it say we have to treat all pts. its a private office you dont have to be unhappy in it.

aphistis said:

Well I do have a degree in Fat Head Studies from Duke University. And in my expert opinion aphistis, you have a fat head.

But seriously, I don't think you need to be a psychiatrist to notice that there are some serious inconsistencies with her story. But whatever, you guys can be as warm and fuzzy with her as you want. 4 dental consultations, 20min phone conversations with receptionists, random Q's she already knows the answers to, demanding sedation for a crown ... let me give you a hug care bear.

CARE BEAR STARE!!!!

in the words of my mid-90's self, 'whatever!' :p

i chose one of the other dentists, she actually answers my questions, and as far as sedation. . .if i can pay for it, why do you have a problem w/ me asking for it? no need for unneccesary pain; there is enough pain in life as is!

delicious, i think you have a 'i need to put other people down to feel better about myself' disorder. .. :rolleyes: :)

but anyway, thanks everyone for your advice. . .my dental situation is resolved so no need for further opinions on my mental state!

take care!

care bear said:
in the words of my mid-90's self, 'whatever!' :p

i chose one of the other dentists, she actually answers my questions, and as far as sedation. . .if i can pay for it, why do you have a problem w/ me asking for it? no need for unneccesary pain; there is enough pain in life as is!

delicious, i think you have a 'i need to put other people down to feel better about myself' disorder. .. :rolleyes: :)

but anyway, thanks everyone for your advice. . .my dental situation is resolved so no need for further opinions on my mental state!

take care!

ok, I'm sorry I've been a little harsh. I'm in the middle of exams right now, and I'm a little stressed out. More like a lot stressed out!! So, I've been in a pretty bad mood recently. Like someone else noted, we can't know the details of this story: what carebear was thinking, what the dentists were thinking. Good luck with your new dentist care bear. :oops: No hard feelings. Anyone on SDN could tell you that most of my posts are nonsense anyhow. Just ask Yah-E, fleisch, ..... the list goes on and on.

Now, it's time to party like its 1999! Peace out. :luck: :luck:

care bear said:
I have a question for you dentists. Is it common practice to refuse service to a patient b/c (s)he 'second-guesses' you or basically asks too many questions?
I just had that happen and I was floored!!

I had made an appointment for fillings and a possible root canal next week, and I was talking to the receptionist today about financial stuff. on the phone with her, I remembered a question I wanted to ask the dentist. she said 'oh i can help you with that' . . .anyway, in the process of getting to my real question, I asked if any healthy tooth structure is removed when a crown is placed. my understanding was that yes, that is the case. we went on for about 20 minutes, b/c the receptionist kept telling me that a crown is 'just a big filling' and she seemed pretty irritable. when I asked if she could check with someone else, she had the office manager call me back. . .and refuse me service, cancelling my appointment!

can you guys answer for me: 1. is any healthy tooth structure removed to place a crown on a tooth that has a large cavity? and, my next question was going to be: 2. how much is removed? ie. what is left of the tooth?
and finally 3.- is refusing service something that dentists regularly do?? as a medical student, I am taken aback. the only time I have known MDs that I have worked with to drop patients is if they just don't pay. anyway, i am looking forward to hearing your responses. take care!

Yeah, I would refuse service to you as well. Very annoying. Plus, you described yourself as a "pink fuzzy user" under your moniker "Care Bear". No way would I treat you. I am not being facetious either. I hate you.

Fulcrum_or_FAIL said:
Yeah, I would refuse service to you as well. Very annoying. Plus, you described yourself as a "pink fuzzy user" under your moniker "Care Bear". No way would I treat you. I am not being facetious either. I hate you.

Nice. :thumbdown:

Fulcrum_or_FAIL said:

rofl

Status
Not open for further replies.