derm journals

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sustentaculum

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
what are easy fast journals to publish case reports in?

Members don't see this ad.

what are easy fast journals to publish case reports in?

Worthless ones.

Case reports are not difficult and if you are going to publish in something, aim for a note-worthy journal. Derm has plenty of low impact factor journals and stuffing up 10 case reports into the even lower/easier/faster ones is hardly impressive. Try for the JAAD or JAMA and as a headsup, even they have been clamping down on case reports recently. We need more worthwhile literature in derm, not CV stuffing case reports.

Reactions: 1 user
Worthless ones.

Case reports are not difficult and if you are going to publish in something, aim for a note-worthy journal. Derm has plenty of low impact factor journals and stuffing up 10 case reports into the even lower/easier/faster ones is hardly impressive. Try for the JAAD or JAMA and as a headsup, even they have been clamping down on case reports recently. We need more worthwhile literature in derm, not CV stuffing case reports.
I'm surprised at this. I like reading case reports. Too bad they're underappreciated.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm surprised at this. I like reading case reports. Too bad they're underappreciated.

Case reports have their place but I frequently look at the case reports being published and wonder what the big deal is. A significant portion seem to be rehashing a condition already reported in the literature or a mere variant of something already published

I don't blame students solely for this, I know plenty of faculty members who just publish a case report to fulfill their academic requirement

It would be nice if the derm literature closed the gap (and I also realize a lot of what we do doesn't lend itself as nicely to clinical research as other fields) on other fields in terms of quality of research and impact factor

Case reports have their place but I frequently look at the case reports being published and wonder what the big deal is. A significant portion seem to be rehashing a condition already reported in the literature or a mere variant of something already published

I don't blame students solely for this, I know plenty of faculty members who just publish a case report to fulfill their academic requirement

It would be nice if the derm literature closed the gap (and I also realize a lot of what we do doesn't lend itself as nicely to clinical research as other fields) on other fields in terms of quality of research and impact factor

On the other hand, if you look at different fields where it's really, really difficult to publish a case report, like heme/onc, it stymies the ability of clinicians to share novel therapeutic options that could help other physicians select treatment for patients with refractory disease.

Health clinics generally keep records of treatment of a patient but they do not post on their websites due to several reasons.

Health clinics generally keep records of treatment of a patient but they do not post on their websites due to several reasons.

Our forum is a little different. While it is in the MD/DO section, we are still happy to have medical student input on the derm forums. That being said, if it's not useful input/participation (sadly like what you posted above), it will be deleted in the future