Dermatologic Radiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interesting, unwilling to show his face

Never a good start ;)

Well, at least he's an md, in case you've missed my previous post about a pharmd doing derm:eek::

So you've all heard of FP docs, OBGYNs, and such jump ship and open up an all cosmetic "derm" practice.

How about a PharmD:eek::wow::eek:. Pretty disgusting what people will do for money, especially if they aren't qualified

"Dermatotherapy" WTF! :barf:

http://www.getsmoothskin.com/index.shtml

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, at least he's an md, in case you've missed my previous post about a pharmd doing derm:eek::

So you've all heard of FP docs, OBGYNs, and such jump ship and open up an all cosmetic "derm" practice.

How about a PharmD:eek::wow::eek:. Pretty disgusting what people will do for money, especially if they aren't qualified

"Dermatotherapy" WTF! :barf:

http://www.getsmoothskin.com/index.shtml

Notice how she likes to call herself a "Dr."? You have to drill down before you realize she's a pharmd. Welcome to America.

Notice how she likes to call herself a "Dr."? You have to drill down before you realize she's a pharmd. Welcome to America.
I wonder if she can be prosecuted for practicing medicine without a license?

She has probably hired some NP's and PA's to avoid that legal pitfall. The business of medical snakeoil sales is back with a vengence today. People need to stick with their CHOSEN area of expertise and not practice outside of it, else we all suffer the consequences.

Dermatologic Radiology and Surgical Radiology.... give me a f'ing break....

Stacy is a respected Aesthetician in the Dallas area. She have many years of experience in all aspects of Aesthetics, with special interests in Botox and Restylane injections.

I guess they were too busy "surgically dermatoradiologically aesthetizing" their patients to miss the grammatical errors on the front page...

P.S. How can an aesthetician have an interest in Botox and Restylane when she can't even administer them?

She has probably hired some NP's and PA's to avoid that legal pitfall. The business of medical snakeoil sales is back with a vengence today. People need to stick with their CHOSEN area of expertise and not practice outside of it, else we all suffer the consequences.

Dermatologic Radiology and Surgical Radiology.... give me a f'ing break....

This crap just makes me want to bang my head against a wall. I really wish that there were a law stating that you HAD to disclose to your patients :

(a) What your board certification/board eligibility status is

(b) What residency you did

(c) What field you're BC/BE in

I also wish that you couldn't operate without doing a residency with appropriate surgical training (i.e. there shouldn't be FP's doing breast augs).

I hope the med-mal lawyers find a way to eat these "radiologic dermatosurgeons" for breakfast.

This crap just makes me want to bang my head against a wall. I really wish that there were a law stating that you HAD to disclose to your patients :

(a) What your board certification/board eligibility status is

(b) What residency you did

(c) What field you're BC/BE in

I also wish that you couldn't operate without doing a residency with appropriate surgical training (i.e. there shouldn't be FP's doing breast augs).

I hope the med-mal lawyers find a way to eat these "radiologic dermatosurgeons" for breakfast.
:eek:, are there???

:eek:, are there???

Yes. Unfortunately a medical license in the U.S. grants its holder the "right to practice medicine and surgery" no matter what he/she actually trained in. And there is no obligation to disclose your training, board eligibility, or lack thereof.

Basically, if you have your own OR's or can find a hospital to give you privileges for cases, you can do whatever operation you can convince a patient to let you.

It's been well documented that many people who claim to be "cosmetic" or "aesthetic" surgeons are not even trained in surgery, let alone plastic surgery. Some plastic surgery-trained individuals are not board certified in plastic surgery at all and still practice. There's a movement within the ASPS to push the powers that be to require docs to disclose their training background and board certification status, but I have no idea when that might come to fruition.

I would advise anyone thinking about cosmetics, whether it's Botox/Restylane type stuff or a real operation: Check your surgeon's board certification status. See what he/she trained in. I wouldn't want an FP or OB doing cosmetic work on me.

If you're going to pay for it, then why not pay people who are actually trained to do this stuff?