Dermatology billing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NRAI2001

3K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had a general question. When as a dermatologist you do a skin procedure (biopsy, AK, freezing..etc) do you bill at a different rate or code compared to other non-derm physicians?

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I had a general question. When as a dermatologist you do a skin procedure (biopsy, AK, freezing..etc) do you bill at a different rate or code compared to other non-derm physicians?

Thank you.
No

Reactions: 1 users

Thank you.

Nope... and what's even more ridiculous is that you will quite likely get reimbursed less for it than your lesser trained comrades. Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope... and what's even more ridiculous is that you will quite likely get reimbursed less for it than your lesser trained comrades. Cheers!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Why is that?

Also, are DCNP's reimbursed at lower rates,or does that depend on the state?

Why is that?

Also, are DCNP's reimbursed at lower rates,or does that depend on the state?

Because many private insurance plans (as well as Medicare advantage plans) have fee schedules that vary according to practice and specialty such that, in some instances, political favor is given to primary care in the form of higher reimbursements, in other settings size translates into power where the large multi specialty group - including their mid levels and primary docs - enjoy a more advantageous fee schedule, etc.

...and yes, varies from state to state and entity to entity.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Because many private insurance plans (as well as Medicare advantage plans) have fee schedules that vary according to practice and specialty such that, in some instances, political favor is given to primary care in the form of higher reimbursements, in other settings size translates into power where the large multi specialty group - including their mid levels and primary docs - enjoy a more advantageous fee schedule, etc.

...and yes, varies from state to state and entity to entity.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Wow, that's pretty sad :( Thanks for the information, definitely something good to be aware of though!