Designating additional programs after e-submit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Architect2PT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'd like to e-submit now for some programs that are due 10/15/10.
While I'd like to do all of the programs at once, there are extra supplemental questions for some of the other programs I'll be applying to which have later due dates.

Will I be able to answer those supplemental questions on PTCAS when I designate the new programs after my initial e-submit?
I'd like to utilize the extra time for the program specific questions that won't be due for a while.

Has anyone come across this?

Thanks!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure if I'm completely understanding your question but if a school requires you to answer extra essay questions, you have to - so yes, you will be able to answer them later

I am also doing what you are thinking about - I submitted PTCAS for all the schools that don't have extra essays and have deadlines that are soon or have rolling admissions. I'm currently writing the extra essays and as I finish them I'm adding those schools to my app - so at least my application can process while I write the essays
It also spreads out the payments a bit, which is nice

I think you are able to answer the supplemental questions after you submit. I would copy down all the supplemental questions first, e-submit, and when you are ready to add those schools, then add them and submit the essays with them.

I have a question though, after I e-submit my application, I'm not done with my prereqs but I don't know how to add it under the "courses" section under "planned/in progress" because I don't even know when I am going to take them (anatomy and medical terminology). Those courses are always full and it's all luck of when/if I can add either winter, spring, or summer 2011 and I'm not even sure which community college yet? I know that PTCAS only lets us edit our application after fall semester to update our grades and such but that's about it I heard?

I don't think we could update supplemental questions! I tried already