******* Desperate Need of Advice*********

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MsPreMed

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am so down after I saw my MCAT score (24M). I am in desperate need of advice. I waited to send in my secondaries based on the MCAT scores. I am now lost and not sure whether I have a chance applying anywhere. I have a 3.5GPA, which is ok, but with the low MCAT score I'm not sure whether I am going to be considered competitive. I have a lot of research experience and I am currently in a graduate program. I am not sure if I should take the MCAT again in April and don't know how medical schools look at applicants with more than 3 MCAT scores.
I would really appreciate any advice as to what I should do at this point.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Are you at all interested in the Osteopathic route?

Well,
I am really interested in doing clinical research and possibly surgery. I am still debating whether I have the energy to retake the test for the fourth time, but I just wasn't sure wheter I should still send in my applications.

I would look into DO or overseas. I think you can get a good education there, it just won't sound as fancy. I think you'll have a very hard time getting into an Allo school.
Sorry, I don't mean to sound harsh, but you also need to be realistic.
Anyone else have any suggestions/advice?