desperate!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chasingmytail

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who wants to help a desperate post bacc with this one?

how does pass/fail work on AMCAS? also, is it better to take a basic science class like physics pass/fail or change to non-credit status if you know you won't do well (C/B-)? Or can you still get into an SMP with a lower grade and higher MCAT score? Right now I'm basing this decision on getting into an SMP not on solely medical school so any input here would be very nice.
But do you have to list non-credit classes on the AMCAS?
I know they wouldn't count in your GPA, but do you have to report them?

The search on SDN is disabled so I can't search for this topic :(

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

chasingmytail said:
Who wants to help a desperate post bacc with this one?

how does pass/fail work on AMCAS? also, is it better to take a basic science class like physics pass/fail or change to non-credit status if you know you won't do well (C/B-)? Or can you still get into an SMP with a lower grade and higher MCAT score? Right now I'm basing this decision on getting into an SMP not on solely medical school so any input here would be very nice.
But do you have to list non-credit classes on the AMCAS?
I know they wouldn't count in your GPA, but do you have to report them?

The search on SDN is disabled so I can't search for this topic :(

Thanks

You have to take the prereqs for grade :thumbup:

NRAI2001 said:
You have to take the prereqs for grade :thumbup:
right, eventually...but can you take them p/f if you see you can't make an A and then repeat them for a grade?

Members don't see this ad :)
chasingmytail said:
right, eventually...but can you take them p/f if you see you can't make an A and then repeat them for a grade?

A few Bs here and there arent so bad.

If you were getting a C, then I would drop the class if I were you. If you cant drop, then maybe take it pass no pass and retake it later. But doing this a lot will not look good. :thumbdown:

NRAI2001 said:
A few Bs here and there arent so bad.

If you were getting a C, then I would drop the class if I were you. If you cant drop, then maybe take it pass no pass and retake it later. But doing this a lot will not look good. :thumbdown:

Gotcha NRAI, thanks