Details deleted, will repost later.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wurd

Reaction score
Will repost later! Thanks everyone!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
200 total clinical hours is good. You could try to get to 250 this month if possible, but otherwise don't wait past July.

I suggest these AMCAS schools:

TCU
Tulane
Indiana
Emory
Kaiser
Mayo
Yale
Duke
Charles Drew
UCSF
Pitt
NYU
Miami
Einstein

You are likely to be admitted to a TX school that has low in-state tuition, so some of the above are schools that you have a chance at that may attract you even if they are more expensive. Kaiser and NYU have free tuition. Miami and Mayo have given good financial aid before. Charles Drew is a new school that replaces what the UCLA Drew program was doing.

Reactions: 1 user
You should receive several interviews from your Texas schools. You could add any these OOS MD schools:
Harvard
Brown
Dartmouth
Mount Sinai
NYU
Cornell
Columbia
Pittsburgh
U Penn
Johns Hopkins
Duke
Emory
Miami
Tulane
Washington University (in St. Louis)
Northwestern
U Chicago
Case Western
UCSF
Kaiser
Mayo

Members don't see this ad :)
WOW! Really? I feel like my ECs aren't as impressive as those that I see get into schools like that..
If you apply to all those schools I listed you should receive several interviews. The African American applicant pool is small and there are less than 150 that apply every year with a MCAT of 513+ AND a GPA of 3.6 or higher. That is only one per MD school in the entire country. So if Harvard (or any of those schools) want any diversity in their class they need to interview you.

200 total clinical hours is good. You could try to get to 250 this month if possible, but otherwise don't wait past July.

I suggest these AMCAS schools:

TCU
Tulane
Indiana
Emory
Kaiser
Mayo
Yale
Duke
Charles Drew
UCSF
Pitt
NYU
Miami
Einstein

You are likely to be admitted to a TX school that has low in-state tuition, so some of the above are schools that you have a chance at that may attract you even if they are more expensive. Kaiser and NYU have free tuition. Miami and Mayo have given good financial aid before. Charles Drew is a new school that replaces what the UCLA Drew program was doing.
I know it is a bit late, but I wanted to ask how you would change this list considering the possible affirmative action ban?

I know it is a bit late, but I wanted to ask how you would change this list considering the possible affirmative action ban?
It will not matter. There is a shortage of African American physicians and medical schools are aware of this. A few lower stat applicants who are currently admitted to top tier schools may not be admitted to those schools and will attend lower tier schools instead. Your stats will be competitive for top tier schools.

It will not matter. There is a shortage of African American physicians and medical schools are aware of this. A few lower stat applicants who are currently admitted to top tier schools may not be admitted to those schools and will attend lower tier schools instead. Your stats will be competitive for top tier schools.
Thank you! I’ve been freaking out about this a bit, so this is good to hear. I appreciate all your help.