Did anyone attend Sleep 2010?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bobblehead

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone go? Thoughts? Feedback?

I found it hard sometimes to find a session I was really interested in going to. Conversely at ATS I had a hard time deciding what session to go to and was thankful the recorded most of the really interesting sessions.

Negative points for Sleep trying to extract more money for audio tapes of the conference sessions (I didn't buy any). Also negative points for extra money for CME. Positive points for keeping the registration fee more reasonable than the extortion that ATS charges full members.

The session on CPT and RUC was very enlightening. It'll be interesting to see what emerges in November with respect to reimbursement.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, whenever I go to the Sleep meeting I somehow end up leaving feeling shortchanged. The scientific sessions and posters were generally OK. The longer education sessions on Sat and Sun were not so great (at least not the ones I went to). I also did a couple of the lunchtime "meet the professor" sessions which were a total waste of time and money. As is usual with such meetings, I found informal discussions and networking with others to be the most useful thing to do.

I have been every year for over years. My favorite part is the lunch Meet the professor sessions. The industry sponsored symposia/drug company sponsored meals have really declined in number over the last several years. This year there was only the RLS one that was added at the last minute, as well as the circadian rhythms session

I've been for the last 2 years and am working on my schedule for Minneapolis!
Dang, San An was muggy!
Maybe its because I'm a research nerd (PhD-clinical psych student and not MD) but I totally dig almost all the sessions. To each their own.