did anyone do the kaplan test prep??

chicagotech

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
i've seen a lot of people posting here about how they prepped for the OAT but have yet to see anyone who used the kaplan prep class. JW if anyone has and what they thought about it (huge waste of money??).

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly kaplan was a huge waste of money. I bought the self-paced course and absolutely hated it, the only thing it helped with was reading and QR and that too barely. The way the course is structured is just extremely inefficient because they would basically ask you to read on your own which is fine but then during the class time videos they would basically only go over a few topics per chapter give a few practice questions and be done. Idk it didn't really help me memorize or actively help me much. After I finished the course I felt like I knew absolutely nothing and basically taught myself through chads videos, youtube, defeat the DAT questions, DAT bootcamp and OAT destroyer. My OAT is 1.5 weeks away and I'm probably going to end up pushing it back 1 to 2 weeks max so I can finish up chad's videos since they're the only reason I know anything right
now LOOL

SORRY THIS IS SOO LONG BTW!! I just rlly want to urge you not to waste so much money on kaplan. its extremely discouraging and wayyy too hard compared to the real test from what i've heard on this website. I literally would get so upset after kaplan practice exams because of my scores. Just watch chads videos and do as many practice questions as you can and then go over those practice questions to relate them back to the concept you'll feel much better and feel more prepared!! and make flashcards for bio!! hope this helps :)

Reactions: 1 user
Honestly kaplan was a huge waste of money. I bought the self-paced course and absolutely hated it, the only thing it helped with was reading and QR and that too barely. The way the course is structured is just extremely inefficient because they would basically ask you to read on your own which is fine but then during the class time videos they would basically only go over a few topics per chapter give a few practice questions and be done. Idk it didn't really help me memorize or actively help me much. After I finished the course I felt like I knew absolutely nothing and basically taught myself through chads videos, youtube, defeat the DAT questions, DAT bootcamp and OAT destroyer. My OAT is 1.5 weeks away and I'm probably going to end up pushing it back 1 to 2 weeks max so I can finish up chad's videos since they're the only reason I know anything right
now LOOL

SORRY THIS IS SOO LONG BTW!! I just rlly want to urge you not to waste so much money on kaplan. its extremely discouraging and wayyy too hard compared to the real test from what i've heard on this website. I literally would get so upset after kaplan practice exams because of my scores. Just watch chads videos and do as many practice questions as you can and then go over those practice questions to relate them back to the concept you'll feel much better and feel more prepared!! and make flashcards for bio!! hope this helps :)
this helps thank you! i am currently using chad's videos as well

Reactions: 1 user