Did I apply to VSAS late or is this standard?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrChance2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a January rotation. I applied to about 10 spots at 3 places in April-May probably 2-4 weeks after they opened. I haven't heard back from anybody. Did I apply late or are they just not interested or is this standard? They are generally not super competitive programs and have lots of DOs. I'm a DO student.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm looking for a January rotation. I applied to about 10 spots at 3 places in April-May probably 2-4 weeks after they opened. I haven't heard back from anybody. Did I apply late or are they just not interested or is this standard? They are generally not super competitive programs and have lots of DOs. I'm a DO student.
Many places won't even start looking at applications until 4-8 weeks before the rotation, so at most right now I would shoot them an email to make sure they have your complete application and ask when you might hear back. It also might make sense to start getting paperwork together for other rotations both inside and outside VSAS, as many places don't communicate well at all. For instance, three months after what would have been the end date of an away rotation, I got an email from a place that stated my application was rejected due to the rotation being full.

In our experience, apply for all VSAS programs as soon as you can. They fill up quick (you have to remember people all over the country and elsewhere are applying for these spots). I'd have your stuff submitted as soon as possible to ensure no hiccups in the process such as forgetting your immunizations or transcript.

Medmatchplus+

In our experience, apply for all VSAS programs as soon as you can. They fill up quick (you have to remember people all over the country and elsewhere are applying for these spots). I'd have your stuff submitted as soon as possible to ensure no hiccups in the process such as forgetting your immunizations or transcript.

Medmatchplus+

dude? what is with your status? there is no way you are all of those things you listed
please be honest if you're going to list a status

I'm getting the feeling you are doing some sort of service advertising here, and that is not going to fly the way you're going about it

Reactions: 1 users