Did I apply too late? HALP!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Snow Ninja

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
apply to more schools, get an MSAR look at schools in your range and apply to them.

your stats are actually okay for Oklahoma, but they dont take many OOS. Iowa is a reach, Mayo is a reach

minnesota has a higher MCAT average, and doesnt take many OOS

your stats are just about average for MCW and UW, so being instate will help you out there

also your volunteering is pretty lackluster, 50 hours is not a lot. maybe you have more EC, but youre also are missing any kind of leadership

overall youre limiting yourself to too little schools. being late that can be a deathblow, so apply broader.

I submitted my AMCAS August 21. :\

White male, Wisconsin resident

4.0 GPA biology major

31 MCAT (10/8/13) --> Unbalanced, ugh...

ECS:
50 hours shadowing ortho surgeon (good letter from this doc as well)
50 hours volunteering in ER and radiology
Divison II Basketball
2 summers of research and poster presentations (good letter from PI)
bio clubs
large undergraduate award was sophomore honors

Schools applied to:

Wisconsin (my dream, hopefully I'm still competitive applying this late)
Medical College of Wisconsin
Oklahoma (reach)
Mayo (reach)
Minnesota
University of South Dakota (Strong ties)
Iowa

Any feedback is appreciated. I feel like a strong applicant, but it is just late!

apply to more schools, get an MSAR look at schools in your range and apply to them.

your stats are actually okay for Oklahoma, but they dont take many OOS. Iowa is a reach, Mayo is a reach

minnesota has a higher MCAT average, and doesnt take many OOS

your stats are just about average for MCW and UW, so being instate will help you out there

also your volunteering is pretty lackluster, 50 hours is not a lot. maybe you have more EC, but youre also are missing any kind of leadership

overall youre limiting yourself to too little schools. being late that can be a deathblow, so apply broader.

Thanks for the reply. I'd really like to go to Wisconsin and they don't have rolling admissions, do you think applying late still affects you?