Did terrible on first TBR FL ~502

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chromatic543

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took my first FL from TBR (specifically TBR FL #2) and scored a 502 overall (58%), and I am feeling bogged down. I was already having trouble with CARS, and now I get this kind of score, and it is killing my confidence. I am taking my MCAT on the 10th of September, and I am really starting to freak out! What should I do next besides correcting the exam?

Also, I plan on taking in the future:

TBR FL 1
TBR FL 3
TRB FL 4
AAMC Ungraded FL
AAMC Graded FL
EK FL 1
EK FL 2
EK FL 3
EK FL 4

and maybe NextStep, if necessary.

Members don't see this ad.

Spend at least 2 days- reviewing each section thoroughly and take a second to relax and refocus. Identify areas to brush up on as you review and post any questions on here for clarification.

It's a totally normal feeling. Hang in there :)

My first test was a 494. Now I'm getting consistent 505s... Still not where I want to be but you will improve fast in the beginning of you put in the effort.

I agree with the above post. Take some time to slow down and review the test. Figure out what content you need to nail down better and get to know the test.

A 502 is not a bad starting point..

Sent from my Moto G (4) using SDN mobile

Add Altius 1/2 Length to your list. My score on that was similar to the AAMC Unscored and Scored.

Don't worry about the 502. I got a 501 on TPR FL 1. You still have plenty of time to improve your score.

After each exam, make a Word document of what you missed and why you missed it. Then make flashcards of any wrong answer that was due to lack of content knowledge.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the advice, everyone. As I am going along correcting the exam, I notice a big portion is not content issues but rather I am skimming through the passages and not catching keywords. For example, in the passage it said "net pressure does not change," and in one of the questions, I cancelled out B and I was left with A, C, and D. I eliminated "C" because it said something about pressure being proportional to volume, which I cancelled out and was left with A and D. I did not really understand what "A" was saying but when I looked at D, it had something about Pressure being inversely proportional to volume, which I found was true, so I picked "D." However, in that answer it also said something about changing pressure, which I did not connect back to the fact that it was stated in the passage that net pressure does not change, so the answer was "A."

THESE ARE COMMON KINDS OF MISTAKES I MAKE

Don't think of mistakes as bad! It's good that you're making these mistakes now so you can learn from them. Your full lengths are there to help you identify weak areas, not to make you feel good about getting a high score; learn from them. I'd be more worried if you were just breezing through your FLs and not realizing you were making mistakes!