did well on step 2, how do i let programs know?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phillyfornia

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i got my step 2ck back and i did well. i've already retransmitted my usmle transcript but nobody seems to have downloaded the new scores yet. i was wondering what the best way to let programs know about my score is. should i email the lady that coordinates the interviews? should i send a message to the PD directly? or should i just wait and hope that they download the scores soon?

Members don't see this ad.

I asked my dean the same question and was told to: email the program coordinator and inform her that your step 2 scores are back. Ask the coordinator if he/she could re-download the usmle transcript and place it in your file.

I did exactly as described above. Just email the coordinator and ask them to refresh ERAS because your scores are back. It takes them all of 30 seconds to do, so they have no problem doing this for you.

I took Step 2 CK late and did really well. I sent an e-mail to a couple of my top-ranked programs. I called the program admin at U of Michigan because I had no e-mail contact. She said, "Um...I don't think that matters...'cuz we don't even look at those scores when judging you..."

Huh?

They probably don't care when ranking people they interview, but I'm sure it matters when deciding who to interview.