Difference between early admission and regular admission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AnNguyen1612

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Have any of you ever known the difference between early and regular admission offered by the pharmacy schools?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi @AnNguyen1612! Are you referring to the early decision? If you decide on an early decision program, then you are locked into that program. You cannot apply to other programs during the admission cycle. You can only choose one early decision program. Generally, early decision allows you to compete against less candidates because the admission committee of that specific school has less applications to go over. Furthermore, the committee knows that you made their school your first choice which increases the likelihood that you would be offered an interview. If however you do not get into that school as an early decision candidate, then you may apply for other schools.

I hope this helps!

Hi @AnNguyen1612! Are you referring to the early decision? If you decide on an early decision program, then you are locked into that program. You cannot apply to other programs during the admission cycle. You can only choose one early decision program. Generally, early decision allows you to compete against less candidates because the admission committee of that specific school has less applications to go over. Furthermore, the committee knows that you made their school your first choice which increases the likelihood that you would be offered an interview. If however you do not get into that school as an early decision candidate, then you may apply for other schools.

I hope this helps!

So let me clear. If I apply to the early admission, i will have more priorities to get into that school. If I get accepted to that school, I cannot go any other schools and have to stick to that school, and if I do not get accepted, i will be able to apply to many other schools, right?

Members don't see this ad :)
So let me clear. If I apply to the early admission, i will have more priorities to get into that school. If I get accepted to that school, I cannot go any other schools and have to stick to that school, and if I do not get accepted, i will be able to apply to many other schools, right?

Yes.

And early decision has an early deadline to get your entire application into pharmcas. This year it was September 4th. But the schools also have a decision deadline so that you can still apply to other schools early on if you get rejected.