Difference in credits between schools? Does this matter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jb_pt123

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I am trying to make a decision between schools as seen in some previous posts and one thing that I can't shake is the difference between credit loads between the two programs. One school is quarterly and has about 165 credits while the other school is on a semester schedule and is 108 credits in total. You only need about 90 credits to sit for the boards exam with schools having as high as 175 credits.
I was wondering if more credits would mean more classes and more stress? Or why there was a difference b/w the two and if it really matters?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

The APTA president recently called out schools for too many credits, stating that it is an entry level degree and programs need to slim down to cost less and reduce the financial burden.

It doesn't matter, it'll get you a degree. I'm guessing the fewer credits program is cheaper.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! I am trying to make a decision between schools as seen in some previous posts and one thing that I can't shake is the difference between credit loads between the two programs. One school is quarterly and has about 165 credits while the other school is on a semester schedule and is 108 credits in total. You only need about 90 credits to sit for the boards exam with schools having as high as 175 credits.
I was wondering if more credits would mean more classes and more stress? Or why there was a difference b/w the two and if it really matters?
Thanks!
More credits = more stress and more financial cost, to my way of thinking. Sounds like the 165 credit program is the type the APTA was calling out to cut the unnecessary fat...

There is a difference when looking at quarter credits hours and semester hours.