Difference in full lengths?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jaxon

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm wondering if anyone else has had largely different scores between the FLEs. I've taken one kaplan exam, 4 next step exams, and I just this morning took the AAMC sample. On Kap i was getting 508-510, and Next step 509-511.

Just finished the AAMC sample and got 88% Physical, 91% CARS, 88% BS, and 73% P&S... which roughly shakes out to a 516-517 when I look at some of the approximate scores from the April/June exams... Is this a fluke or are these other practice exams harder for everyone else? Or maybe this sample from AAMC is deceivingly easy...

Members don't see this ad.

It's very normal to be scoring in different ranges on different practice tests. The Kaplan ones skew very low, so the fact that you broke 510 is a very good sign for you. Most people score around 500. The AAMC full length should give you the best idea of how you might do on the real thing. Most people have said that they found the real thing to be harder than the AAMC FL. Looking at your scores, based on what other results from SDN and Reddit have been so far, I would say you stand a good chance of scoring around 515 or higher. (But obviously, anything could happen. Work on that P&S score!)

Thanks! I still have a few biochem topics to do and then pretty much all of psych lol