General Digital or hard copy books

Status
Not open for further replies.

Question

Member Question
Volunteer Staff
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I will prepare for USMLE Step 1 exam, and I will use First aid + Pathoma books in addition to Uworld, Amboss, Rx, BNB Vid) and NBME in the last of the preparation.
Firstly, is this enough to pass the exam easily?
Secondly, which one is better using Digital or hard books for study?

Thanks

— Experts please respond to this post —

Members don't see this ad.

This question doesn't require confidentiality--could we move this to the regular forums? :)

What you describe is a pretty common combination of resources that are used by a number of successful test takers. Of course, whether it will be sufficient for you (and whether you should do digital or hard copy) will depend on you and how you best learn/retain information.

Hi guys,

I will prepare for USMLE Step 1 exam, and I will use First aid + Pathoma books in addition to Uworld, Amboss, Rx, BNB Vid) and NBME in the last of the preparation.
Firstly, is this enough to pass the exam easily?
Secondly, which one is better using Digital or hard books for study?

Thanks

— Experts please respond to this post —

Don't forget Pathoma and Sketchy Micro.

Members don't see this ad :)
Digital or hard copy is really dependent on your study style. Personally I used a second monitor and annotated First Aid with notes from uworld and other resources. While I guess I could have done that with writing on the book, it wasn’t my preference. If you have been studying with digital vs hard cover continue the same way imo

Agree its really personal style. I enjoyed having a hard copy of first aid to annotate. But just about everything else was digital and it made me feel better in terms of saving paper and room around the apartment.

Personal preference. The better one is the one that is gonna get you the better score. Do you take notes? If so, the hard copy may be better. Also, ditto the above. Sketchy Micro/pharm are key.

Also, limit your resources. A few good sources are better than a ton of sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.