dip derm @ royal college of physicians and surgeons of glagow

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fays

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
pls kindly contact if any one has taken the exam from royal college of physicians and surgeons of glasgow in diploma in dermatology:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

hey :) have you taken this exam? any recommendations?

no i couldn't go as my visa was rejected, :mad: but from people who have given it ....i came to know that its v simple not much details like histopathology and high passing percentage....go ahead u will get thru... best of luck:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi there,

Any body taking or already taken diploma in dermatology, glasgow exam recently??? Sad that i only found about this forum the day before my exam, but just in case i happen to fail, the information / tips u folks give me might be useful.

I am curious to know what material you have gone thru before the exam and what other study resources you have found useful.

I have read (not thoroughly though, lol) "differential diagnosis in dermatology" by Barbara Leppard and "Clinical dermatology" by John Hunter. Is this what everyone who passed the exam read before???

Suggestions please.

Thanks

iam just reading from rooks textbook of dermatology. Iam now also registered in the membership post graduate prog in my country with college of surgeons and physicians pakistan.i think clinical synopsis by fitzpatricks or andrews is pretty good and helpful.
I will again apply for the exams in this upcomng nov and hope will get visa too. But i have still 1 year left in the current enrolled prog. hope i will get to manage it .

study from fitzpatrick synopsis in clinical dermatology
its more than enough.:)

I know nothing of this exam...

However, I do know there is a huge difference between studying Rook versus little Fitz (synopsis of clinical dermatology). Fitz Dermatology in General Medicine would be more similar in scope, IMO (but even then, perhaps not as extensive). Hence, I think there needs to be some clarity on what level of study one needs for this examination.

hi guys, i am appearing for the dcd exam in glasgow this november. can anyone let me know overall how is the exam as in tough and difficult t pass and average passing percentage????? thanks....

hi guys, i am appearing for the dcd exam in glasgow this november. can anyone let me know overall how is the exam as in tough and difficult t pass and average passing percentage????? thanks....

Well i appeared in feb this year.The exam is thorough. You have 72 mcqs and a clinical with eight stations. They ask about the biopsy techniques & instruments, then i had pt with panniculitis and IBD and Arthritis on dapsone ... short case quick examination description of lesions DD and management
next they had pt who was atopic dermatitis and details of methotrexate
next psoriaisis pt who was alcoholic and hypertensive discuss the treatment options
then a biopsy report of melanoma and its prognosis i-e breaking news to pt and counselling
next pt with lichen plannus and then pt history of ecz herpaticum and it evaluation and MRSA inf.
topics to cover are eczemas, lichen plannuus, drugs and drug reactions, vasculitis , Ps, melamoma BCC and photodermatology plus infections esp bacterial, viral and fungal :) i passed it!!!

Well i appeared in feb this year.The exam is thorough. You have 72 mcqs and a clinical with eight stations. They ask about the biopsy techniques & instruments, then i had pt with panniculitis and IBD and Arthritis on dapsone ... short case quick examination description of lesions DD and management
next they had pt who was atopic dermatitis and details of methotrexate
next psoriaisis pt who was alcoholic and hypertensive discuss the treatment options
then a biopsy report of melanoma and its prognosis i-e breaking news to pt and counselling
next pt with lichen plannus and then pt history of ecz herpaticum and it evaluation and MRSA inf.
topics to cover are eczemas, lichen plannuus, drugs and drug reactions, vasculitis , Ps, melamoma BCC and photodermatology plus infections esp bacterial, viral and fungal :) i passed it!!!

hi, iwould like if im not annoying you to know some more information about the exam,
what sources or books you read atlases online or books also?
the exam is two successive days or there is interval between?
the percent to pass this exam abov 50% or above 60%?
the cases live patient orslides on data show?
is there long cases &shortcases?
about oral exams whats the questions ?one doctor or more testing u?one oral exam or more?the clinical cases they ask u questions on it written or oral?:)
overall the exam is difficult medium or easy?
can u remember some of mcqs in ur exam?
im so sorry for wasting ur time but im confused &afraid to enter this exam thank u so much:oops:

my pleasure not waste of time
the passing marks are 60% and u ve to pass in both written and clinical
the exams are on two successive days no gap
most of mcqs are from photodermatology and eczemas and bacterial viral infections BCC & Melanoma
there are 2 things at one station one is live pt and other a report or instrument or drug or labs
i studied from Rooks textbook of dermatology, synopsis and clinical atlas of fitzpatrick and secrets plus in dermatology by fitzpatrick
u can search from net about books
reading my reply and knowing wht cases they had u can guess that it is medium to tough and u should ve worked in dermstology for one year
all cases were short caes
two doctors in each station and they ask oral questions only
best of luck its not that bad

my pleasure not waste of time
the passing marks are 60% and u ve to pass in both written and clinical
the exams are on two successive days no gap
most of mcqs are from photodermatology and eczemas and bacterial viral infections BCC & Melanoma
there are 2 things at one station one is live pt and other a report or instrument or drug or labs
i studied from Rooks textbook of dermatology, synopsis and clinical atlas of fitzpatrick and secrets plus in dermatology by fitzpatrick
u can search from net about books
reading my reply and knowing wht cases they had u can guess that it is medium to tough and u should ve worked in dermstology for one year
all cases were short caes
two doctors in each station and they ask oral questions only
best of luck its not that bad
im so glade to contact u im egyptian doctor &iv worked for a year in dermatology
may ihave more questions ?
about instruments ican find about them in fitzpatric ?they ask about name &usage?
drugs they ask with scientific or commercial name?ican read about it from fitzpatric also?
there is no separate oral exam just the doctors will ask u on the cases?
the exam is only mcqs 72 in one day for how long time?& the cases on the next day ?
the questios on drugs &instruments included in the 8 stations or separate ?
iwould like to know the sequense of exam from the first day ?what time to start & to finish?
thank u alot i wish u all good wishes:)

Members don't see this ad :)
im so glade to contact u im egyptian doctor &iv worked for a year in dermatology
may ihave more questions ?
about instruments ican find about them in fitzpatric ?they ask about name &usage?
drugs they ask with scientific or commercial name?ican read about it from fitzpatric also?
there is no separate oral exam just the doctors will ask u on the cases?
the exam is only mcqs 72 in one day for how long time?& the cases on the next day ?
the questios on drugs &instruments included in the 8 stations or separate ?
iwould like to know the sequense of exam from the first day ?what time to start & to finish?
thank u alot i wish u all good wishes:)
if u please could u write samples of questions u have in exam?:oops:

I'm fairly certain this is universally illegal. Please refrain from asking these sorts of questions or the thread will be locked.[
im sorry ididnt mean that just iwant to know the level of exam
on the website of the diploma there is sample questions of the exam
but ok iwill foolow roles

To fays
can i ask about sequence of exam or not?
how long will it take the first day & 2nd day?

Last edited:
To fays
can i ask about sequence of exam or not?
how long will it take the first day & 2nd day?[
PLEASE HELP ME I REALLY NEED SOMEBODY TO GIVE ME SUPPORT
IM GOING TO TRAVEL &THIS IS EXPENSIVE FOR ME
IWONT ASK U ABOUT QUESTIONS AGAIN
BUT INEED TO KNOW THE PROGRAM OF THE EXAM

its two day exam
instruments are those used for biopsy of skin
mcq exam is of 2 hrs.
there is no seperate station for instrument
they ask generic names of medicines
u have to go to 8 stations with 4 pts and 4 others like instruments, comment on biopsy report shown to u
questions are related to patient and his disease
they will tell u the time and place of clinical exam
yes fitzpatrick synopses in clinical dermatology is enough

its two day exam
instruments are those used for biopsy of skin
mcq exam is of 2 hrs.
there is no seperate station for instrument
they ask generic names of medicines
u have to go to 8 stations with 4 pts and 4 others like instruments, comment on biopsy report shown to u
questions are related to patient and his disease
they will tell u the time and place of clinical exam
yes fitzpatrick synopses in clinical dermatology is enough
thaaaaaaaaaaank u alot ireally feel grateful to u:)
iwill be so glade to be ur friend
:luck:

thaaaaaaaaaaank u alot ireally feel grateful to u:)
iwill be so glade to be ur friend
:luck:[/Q
p;ease fays how long did u take on every case ?
is it spot diagnosis ?or question on the case?
the examiner ask u definite questions 2 or 3 or 4 questions?or it was like adiscusion?
the cases were classical or there was confusing case?
u must write the definite diagnosis or if u are confused about case u can describe the lesion and add differntial diagnosis?
and the stations of the instruments an examiner asks u about it (how many questions)?
or there is definite questions and u write answer?:)

Last edited:
they give 10 mins and ask the diagnosis like psoriasis, lichen planus, BCC, melanoma, panniculitis, atopic dermatitis etc
yes there is some discussion and questions on investigations, treatment and management and causes on ly 3 or 4 questions on each stations

they give 10 mins and ask the diagnosis like psoriasis, lichen planus, BCC, melanoma, panniculitis, atopic dermatitis etc
yes there is some discussion and questions on investigations, treatment and management and causes on ly 3 or 4 questions on each stations
thanks alot fays
im so sorry for ur time but it was really helpful:)

no iam not from glasgow and no you canot work there with this certification have to appear in plab

no iam not from glasgow and no you canot work there with this certification have to appear in plab[/QUO
Does the exam contain questions about lasers &phototheraby ?
does it contain questions about aethetic medicine?
does it contain dermatopathology?
does it contain dermatosurgery or surgical procedures in derma clinic?
does it contain any question related to internal medicine or paediatic medicine?
thanks for ur time:idea::)

hi,
iwill go for this diploma exam next month
does any one here will go with me?
i just want to ask about lab reports in the exam?
is it biobsy or koh or heamatological tests?
immunoflurescsence direct or indirect?
thaank u::)

:eek::scared::cool::mad:
hi,
iwill go for this diploma exam next month
does any one here will go with me?
i just want to ask about lab reports in the exam?
is it biobsy or koh or heamatological tests?
immunoflurescsence direct or indirect?
thaank u::)

I feel like every time I stick my head in this thread, something is off about it. Or I'm just cranky from having to study for my own certification exam.

Closing.

Please refrain from asking about details of exams. Just study.

Status
Not open for further replies.