Status
Not open for further replies.

GoSpursGo

SDN Chief Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I have an interview coming up, and I'm struggling to decide how I will answer follow-up questions regarding a misdemeanor I disclosed on my application. I am in no way attempting to be dishonest. My goal is simply to be genuine, forthcoming, and thoughtful in my response while being mindful of the need to not overshare.

I disclosed a misdemeanor reckless driving ticket on my AMCAS application, a charge I pled guilty to. I even mentioned on my application, per the advice of my SMP advisors, that while that conviction was not a DUI, I had been drinking that night and, as a result, was required to complete a 1-D alcohol education course. What I did not specifically mention, due to the language of the AMCAS application, is the related misdemeanor charge of DUI that was dismissed by the judge. If I am asked follow-up questions regarding my reckless driving conviction during my interview, am I obligated to disclose the auxiliary charges that were dismissed? If I choose not to disclose those charges, will it appear like those I am being intentionally withholding?

Honestly don’t think they will ask such a specific question, and you shouldn’t volunteer the information either. Just own what you’ve been convicted of, show remorse, and promise you’ll never do it again.

Caveat: this is where you should ask your lawyer what will show up on a background check. Cuz if the dismissed charge is on a background check, then you should disclose

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.