Dismissed from SGU, Applying to Ross. To mention the dismissal or not?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moumou

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Done

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Really not looking for judgments or SDN's famous stinging commentary, just need straightforward answers/thoughts.

Started Term 1 at SGU, was dismissed for failing a class by 1%, appealed, and lost. Now am applying to Ross. Their application specifically asks if you have been previously dismissed from an institution, so I feel compelled to be upfront, but not sure if it's necessary. Does Ross (or any school for that matter) have any way of knowing or finding out about this?

Thank you.

Did you use any student loans with Ross?

If not and you're ok with it, then they shouldn't. If you did, well the financial aid office will see your previous loans for SGU.

You might have been able to get away with this, but now you probably can't. I've contacted Ross admissions with screenshots of this thread and your post history such as that you're female from Davis or thereabouts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You might have been able to get away with this, but now you probably can't. I've contacted Ross admissions with screenshots of this thread and your post history such as that you're female from Davis or thereabouts.

Absolutely f***ing disgusted with you.

lol typical SDN :p

Did you use any student loans with Ross?

If not and you're ok with it, then they shouldn't. If you did, well the financial aid office will see your previous loans for SGU.
I haven't gone to school with Ross yet, but I plan on using loans. And yeah, I did use loans with SGU. But I'm guessing that they won't know that I was DISMISSED. For all they know, I could have withdrawn because I just didn't like SGU. I'm just trying to find out if they'll know I was dismissed specifically or not. I mean I'm not uncomfortable talking about what happened because it's actually a really strong case, but I'd rather not bring it up if I don't have to.

Thanks!

I haven't gone to school with Ross yet, but I plan on using loans. And yeah, I did use loans with SGU. But I'm guessing that they won't know that I was DISMISSED. For all they know, I could have withdrawn because I just didn't like SGU. I'm just trying to find out if they'll know I was dismissed specifically or not.

Thanks!

Ahh, well the problem is they will ask for transcripts from SGU. If you could talk to SGU to see if the classes you did poorly on could be dropped, then it would be better. But Ross will see the poor grade and they aren't completely in the dark about SGU and how easily they dismiss students.

Ahh, well the problem is they will ask for transcripts from SGU. If you could talk to SGU to see if the classes you did poorly on could be dropped, then it would be better. But Ross will see the poor grade and they aren't completely in the dark about SGU and how easily they dismiss students.

Ah, okay- thanks for the input! I'm sorry to be so nitpicky, I'm just trying to come at this at all angles. How would they know that I didn't withdraw sometime in the middle of the term, like when people take a leave of absence, in which case I wouldn't have a transcript?

Again, not trying to be shady on purpose, I just want to know exactly what other schools can know/find out going forward.

Ah, okay- thanks for the input! I'm sorry to be so nitpicky, I'm just trying to come at this at all angles. How would they know that I didn't withdraw sometime in the middle of the term, like when people take a leave of absence, in which case I wouldn't have a transcript?

Again, not trying to be shady on purpose, I just want to know exactly what other schools can know/find out going forward.

You will, it will just have a "W" on it. Honestly though, if you're open to Ross about this, they will likely work with you. As long as you can pay tuition and explain yourself they probably won't care too much.

**** just got real.

You will, it will just have a "W" on it. Honestly though, if you're open to Ross about this, they will likely work with you. As long as you can pay tuition and explain yourself they probably won't care too much.
Oh, so it will have a W even though I was dismissed, and didn't withdraw? That's not too bad then. Yeah, I plan on being honest with them either way, I just sort of wanted to know what happens in the 'afterlife', since no one really talks about it. I assume it doesn't happen to too many people, but I admit I am a special case! Ain't too proud to beg for some advice...

Thank you again so much!

I think if you fail a course in medical school, its s sign that the profession is not for you. First you are in the carribbeans, so to pass the step 1 is the most important part. If you are failing courses first semester.... thats not a great sign.
Go for a PA program in the states, save yourself the hassle and debt.

Don't you think someone in the admission dept in Ross wouldn't just pick up the phone and call SGU? They will find out. Accept it.

Members don't see this ad :)

I actually l.o.led. I don't think this is a serious response.

I admire your work ethic and determination

Gotta weed out the competition to make it nowadays

Most decent PA programs won't give a moment's look to a med school failure, not to mention from an offshore program. Please stop perpetuating this nonsense.

Most decent PA programs won't give a moment's look to a med school failure, not to mention from an offshore program. Please stop perpetuating this nonsense.

It is an offshore program though

I doubt the "decent" descriptor really factors into these scenarios at all

Well, he could always try to get a Masters before and then apply. It might off set it.

I think if you fail a course in medical school, its s sign that the profession is not for you. First you are in the carribbeans, so to pass the step 1 is the most important part. If you are failing courses first semester.... thats not a great sign.

Please never post again.

Despite my distaste for the Carib diploma mills, do you think that they're idiots?

Of course Ross will find out about your dismissal! You think they won't ask?

Lie on an app and you might as well set fire to it.

Really not looking for judgments or SDN's famous stinging commentary, just need straightforward answers/thoughts.

Started Term 1 at SGU, was dismissed for failing a class by 1%, appealed, and lost. Now am applying to Ross. Their application specifically asks if you have been previously dismissed from an institution, so I feel compelled to be upfront, but not sure if it's necessary. Does Ross (or any school for that matter) have any way of knowing or finding out about this?

Thank you.

You failed by 1% and they kicked you out? I doubt you are dumb, the caribs are just looking to thin out the class.

Reactions: 1 user
Any Caribbean you apply to will ask you for letters of recommendation from professors and the dean of SGU as well a copy of the transcript, regardless of whether or not you withdrew or were dismissed.