Diversity Secondary answer involving religion/race

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tneduts lacidem-erp

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I've been working on my diversity essays and currently I've been writing about my experiences with interactions between religion and cultures, but I'm unsure if I should avoid potentially touchy subjects and write about something else. Would love to hear if you guys have any thoughts!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for your replies, the prompts are pretty much all of those that ask "how would you bring diversity to our school" and the interactions between religion and culture for me is that I am of a different religion than what is common of those of my ethnic background, including most of my extended family - and a lot of the cultural practices of my ethnicity are linked to the predominant religion which has caused challenging moments where both need to be balanced

Look at the AAMC DEI competencies for medical education. I acknowledge religious/faith spirituality can contribute, but I need more information how you would discuss this argument.
Oh interesting, thanks for highlighting that resource. Do you mind if I PM you my draft?

Thanks for your replies, the prompts are pretty much all of those that ask "how would you bring diversity to our school" and the interactions between religion and culture for me is that I am of a different religion than what is common of those of my ethnic background, including most of my extended family - and a lot of the cultural practices of my ethnicity are linked to the predominant religion which has caused challenging moments where both need to be balanced
I think that this is rather interesting and different.... some people have the idea that "everyone who is [ethnicity] is [specific religion] and along comes someone who is of that ethnicity but a different religion. Happy to look at a draft.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users