Do any DPT programs accept applications to start in the spring?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maxplanck

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do any DPT programs accept applications to start in the spring?

I am having trouble finding out, UIC states that they do not, other programs do not state anything about it.. Just wondering if anyone knows whether this is something that nobody does, to save me from checking each program..

Members don't see this ad.

Elon and WSSU (WSSU is an MPT program - and also the cheapest in the country for instate/NC) I don't know of any others as I haven't looked outside on NC.

regarding UIC: they only accept applications during the PTCAS cycle through their due date (so July 15 when PTCAS opens through the Oct 15 deadline). Their program starts in August.

If the school uses PTCAS, then they won't take applications before July 15. As for when the program starts, Elon is the only one I know of that begins in January. Some schools start in June (U of Minnesota, for example does, and maybe Wisconsin?), but most start in August.

But with Elon, if you submit your application this upcoming cycle (like July 2010), the program would start in Jan 2012, not Jan 2011....they make you submit your app a full year (closer to a year and a half) before you start. I got all excited when I got something in the mail from Elon back in August saying their program starts in January, thinking I could start in Jan 2010 - nope...they meant for the following year. Their Jan 2011 class is already filled, so you would start in 2012 (hypothetically - if you went there). I'm not sure if other programs starting in January are the same way, but I imagine they are.

I hope that helps?

Members don't see this ad :)
UAB does I found out. Their program looks pretty awesome to say the least.

Azusa Pacific University applicants start in the Spring. APU is in California.

University of St. Augustine- Florida and San Diego campuses. Fall, Spring, & Summer