Do any of you "rank" passages?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDtoBe777

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In TPR they suggested that we rank passages (essentially go through them find the 2 hard ones and skip them. period.) This didn't really work for me because sometimes the hard ones have easy questions. Time used to be a problem for me, now it isn't. However, some of the questions are just weird. I usually score about a high 8 or 9 (which by the way I would be thrilled with). I was just wondering what all of you do on verbal. And yes, I know it is too late to change your strategy.

Members don't see this ad.

i learned to rank passages but i never utilize it, it seems like it wastes more time doing that. I just go through all the passages and when i come across one that i dont understand at all, i just skip it and return to ti at the end. ya i'm also scoring around 8 or 9. also thrilled if i can get either on the real thing

Hell no, I barely finish to begin with. The last thing I need to do is waste a minute or more ranking passages. I'm gonna do them all sooner or later (hopefully) so I might as well not waste time.

I agree with Will. I would rank as I go simply asking myself what the hell is this passage saying and am i understanding it? If by the end of the first paragraph I have no clue as to what I just read... I skip it and come back. I've used this strategy and I've scored anywhere frmo 8 to 11. Maybe my inconsistency invalidates my approach but ah hell, its too close to change now neway.

Yeah but I think even if it was tough you should just stick with it. Leaving it and coming back won't help, it will just make you forget more of it.