Do applicant- What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DOCpbj

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys sorry in advance. I know you guys have probably seen this question a million times already, but any feedback would be great! I'm applying to only DO schools

GPA: 3.23
sGPA: 2.9
MCAT: 23 ( 8,7,8)

LOTS of EC: Hospice, research, 3 publications, shadowing a DO, volunteer work with various medical organizations (you get the picture). Messed up first two years and I've been trying to make up for it. Last 4 semester have been 3.5+

I am planning on taking the MCAT again end of July and am averaging around a 28 right now. Hopefully, I can get that to cross 30.

My big question is should I retake some of my classes in the fall and apply in December as soon as my grades are better? I still make it in time for the schools, but is that "too late". If I apply in August (with the 28), I don't think my chances are that great. Can I apply in August and update the schools in December about the new GPA? Retaking and doing well on 3 classes will bring my sGPA to 3.2 and GPA to a 3.4. I'm worried some schools might remove my portfolio by the time I go to update them due to the grades. Any ideas on what I should do? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.