DO applying to FM in northwest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

faith100

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a third year medical student starting to plan audition rotations and my residency program list. Does anyone have any feedback, advice for applying, audition rotation suggestions for the following programs? I'm specifically interested in full spectrum FM with OB and would like to work with underserved communities.

Trios FM - Kennewick, WA
Sollus NW - Yakima, WA
Skagit Regional health - Mount Vernon
Central WA - Yakima
Multicare Good Samaritan - Puyallup
Puyallup Tribal Health Authority - Tacoma
Good Samaritan - Corvallis, OR

Thanks a million!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in my first year at Central WA. The program has a great curriculum and there are lots of deliveries to be had. The inpatient service is a great rotation. Most of the attendings are great teachers with the exception of a couple peds inpatient docs. The administration is very corporate and its a much larger organization than the website would have you believe. We also currently have a faculty attending shortage due to some high turnover in the past year. The 4th year rotation here is busy, you'll be on the inpatient service as well as clinic. Overall it is a great program that is suffering a bit from lack of adequate faculty, secondary to some management issues and physician dissatisfaction with the way things are run. I'd still recommend the program though, especially if you want to do OB, because a lot of the attendings do OB and that is one area where we are not short at all.

Thanks for the insightful information! Are students still considered if they don't complete an audition rotation? The set dates for Central WA audition rotations are different from my school...thanks!

From what I've heard, audition rotations are not necessary to match at many FM programs. Us DO students have been brainwashed into thinking otherwise.