Do business cards have significance these days, if received from PDs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Niwrad

Starting Internship 2023
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Context -
Assume you're interviewing in person, and see the PD of a program that you would probably get ranked in. IV seems to go normally, or least nothing spectacular happens, and everyone is professional and polite. You shake hands and the PD hands you their business card. You thank them and place it in your wallet and take your leave.

I'm asking a response in terms of ettiequte and manners. Traditionally business cards are exchanged but I'm not quite sure what this indicates in terms of residency Program Directors, but I've been handed business cards from other military members, most recently while at the base Field House tennis court for tennis stringing services, which is a clear case of advertisement and expected use of a business card.

I'm being overly neurotic probably, but I liked the feel of the PD's business card and waiting around thinking is the business of being in the military.

Members don't see this ad.

What? I’m not sure I understand your question. A business card is simply a card with their contact information on it. It has no other meaning but that.

Reactions: 1 user