Do help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ginger3123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
My current cgpa is 3.17 and my science gpa is a 3.05. I have scored a 30 on my MCATs. My extracurriculars include an animal volunteer program, being in a sorority,and participating on the volunteer EMT services in my town. I am really worried about applying to schools in this upcoming fall due to my gpa. I would apply early however I do not have my pa shadowing completed. Can anyone offer advice?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
My current cgpa is 3.17 and my science gpa is a 3.05. I have scored a 30 on my MCAT. My extracurriculars include an animal volunteer program, being in a sorority,and participating on the volunteer EMT services in my town. I am really worried about applying to schools in this upcoming fall due to my gpa. I would apply early however I do not have my pa shadowing completed. Can anyone offer advice?

I fixed it for you. There is no MCAT's.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you'll get plenty of interviews, but it's going to be on you to convince AdComs that you can handle medical school with a low sGPA like that. we've wait-listed plenty of people with stats like yours, saying "nice guy/gal, but I'm concerned about that low sGPA".

Have you re-taken any F/D/C grade science coursework? If not, do so. It will do wonders for your GPA.

Hi,
My current cgpa is 3.17 and my science gpa is a 3.05. I have scored a 30 on my MCATs. My extracurriculars include an animal volunteer program, being in a sorority,and participating on the volunteer EMT services in my town. I am really worried about applying to schools in this upcoming fall due to my gpa. I would apply early however I do not have my pa shadowing completed. Can anyone offer advice?

Hi,

You mean this summer/next summer right? You do know the earlier you apply, the better your chances?...Applying in the Fall with those stats isn't the wisest of ideas- I'd advise you to wait! Also, what do you mean by "pa shadowing?" Phys. asisstant? Wouldn't you want to shadow a doctor if you are premed and not pre-pa?

Someone wanna chime in and tell me I'm not crazy?

Yeah I would apply strong this cycle, but do not get discouraged if you do not get in. Your MCAT is wonderful and you can definitely keep that without retaking if you need to reapply (which I doubt, you are looking very good).

But retake any low courses and shoot for better grades. That is your key and with grade replacement its utterly fantastic and specific to DO schools. Unfortunately MD schools are much less merciful haha and will always average in your previous attempts.