Do I have a chance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopefuldr13

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
sGPA 3.13 oGPA 3.16 MCAT 32 on one... combining both times 34 P11 B13 W10

Went to the University of Pennsylvania majored in behavioral neuroscience and was on the varsity track team for two years... got injured, quit and started working in a sleep study lab which i continued until graduation, eeg technician and lots of clinical research experience. senior year did independent research in an anxiety research lab using mice models and will be published eventually. now been working since graduation in 2012 at the hospital for special surgery as a research coordinator for an orthopedic surgeon...

in state in new jersey hoping to get in one of those three schools... but also applied elsewhere including all the fairly new schools, tulane, albany, hofstra, a few others...submitting secondaries this week.

Be honest about my chances. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You don't combine MCAT scores, that's not how the MCAT works. Assuming your 32 is the most recent one, your odds are not that great with such a low set of GPA's. That being said your EC's are pretty solid, so if you get a few interviews you have a decent chance. At this point in the cycle, though, I wouldn't be too optimistic about that happening. If you waited until next cycle and applied early and broadly you'd be way better off.

If I were you I'd save my money and wait until 2014, potentially doing some GPA rehab in that year if possible.

Does it matter/ help at all that I went to Penn and had a lower GPA? How much is that taken into consideration?