Do I have enough time? ( January MCAT)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedSun

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I'm doing a formal postbacc progam and I'm registered for 2 classes this Fall: Orgo II and Biochem. I also have to take the MCAT in January if I want to qualify for a linkage with Western U.
How should I organize my weeks? My classes will only be on Mondays and Wednesdays. I don't work and I plan to quit volunteering in October.
Do I have enough time to study and prepare for the MCAT? I'm also planning to take Kaplan's course in November.

Please help me :(

Members don't see this ad.

Is there a possibility for you to push the MCAT? Orgo w/lab and biochem will be tough with the kaplan course and 100% dedication to the MCAT. You dont want to mess up the MCAT so I suggest you push the Jan date to maybe March.

Is there a possibility for you to push the MCAT? Orgo w/lab and biochem will be tough with the kaplan course and 100% dedication to the MCAT. You dont want to mess up the MCAT so I suggest you push the Jan date to maybe March.
I’m only taking orgo lecture, without the lab.
I have to choose between 2 options: I can take the MCAT this January and as long as I get 505, I will get into Western.
OR - I could postpone everything for a year, take more bio courses and take the MCAT in January 2020. This was suggested by the Western committee.

If I take in March, I will be in a regular pool of applicants. I’m really trying to avoid it.

Is orgo II with biochem even doable?