Do I need to do anymore?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DanceMedic

Resident
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would appreciate any advice you guys may have...

I sent an email to the PD and coordinator to cancel an interview 3 weeks before my interview date, but didn't get a response. Not wanting for them to miss my message and think I'm a no-show on my interview day, I called and left a voicemail for the coordinator stating that I will have to cancel my interview 2 weeks before the interview date. I still have not heard back regarding whether or not they've gotten these messages. Now, I definitely understand that it's peak interview season and programs are very busy and thus may not have the time to confirm my cancellation. But I also don't want them to miss my messages and think I'm a no-show, thus reflecting badly on me, especially since the program is rather well connected to my home institution.

So should I drop another email? Make another phone call? Or just assume that an email and a voicemail is sufficient to let a program know that you will not be there on your scheduled interview date?

Thanks for any input...

Members don't see this ad.

Would appreciate any advice you guys may have...

I sent an email to the PD and coordinator to cancel an interview 3 weeks before my interview date, but didn't get a response. Not wanting for them to miss my message and think I'm a no-show on my interview day, I called and left a voicemail for the coordinator stating that I will have to cancel my interview 2 weeks before the interview date. I still have not heard back regarding whether or not they've gotten these messages. Now, I definitely understand that it's peak interview season and programs are very busy and thus may not have the time to confirm my cancellation. But I also don't want them to miss my messages and think I'm a no-show, thus reflecting badly on me, especially since the program is rather well connected to my home institution.

So should I drop another email? Make another phone call? Or just assume that an email and a voicemail is sufficient to let a program know that you will not be there on your scheduled interview date?

Thanks for any input...

No, you did your best... their asses are probably off for the holidays.. hence the slow response.... I mean what do they expect you to do next? Bring down a sign from God saying... I DONT WANT TO INTERVIEW HERE!!!!!!

You did well IMO. The rest is up to them..

I think you did all one could ask to do.
You might also consider withdrawing your application from the program on ERAS - although from my experience, that doesn't show up for the ropgrams or something - there were a couple of programs that sent me interview invites after I had withdrawn my application and another one that sent me a rejection!

haha Eagles, I think we applied to the same program! I canceled an invite from them a couple months ago and a week and a half ago received a rejection from that program... huh? :)

I do think you've done all you can do. If in a week you don't hear anything I might email or call again and ask if they can give you a brief "we got it, thanks" message. But you've done great! Very professional of you.