Do I really need to do a masters/postbac?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

umrk

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

I just re-took the DAT and am pretty happy about my scores.

BIO: 20
GC: 25
OC: 21
QR: 20
RC: 23
PAT: 20
TS: 22
AA: 22

I took 15 credits worth of upper level science courses during my gap year and got As in all of them, putting my oGPA at 3.4 and sGPA at 3.3. I also did about 15 hours a week of dental research during my gap year.

Before retaking the DAT, I applied to some postbac/masters programs and was accepted to MWU-IL's MA program and LECOM's Postbac program but now I'm not so sure if I need more coursework. Any advice? My #1 choice is Michigan (state school) and I know my GPA is still a little lower than the average (3.6/3.5) but my DAT is higher (21AA).

I have all my materials ready to submit on June 1st, including new and stronger LORs and more shadowing and volunteering under my belt so I feel that I'm definitely a more competitive candidate. I'm just not sure if I want to spend thousands of dollars on a program I may not need.

[Sidenote: anyone interested in DAT Bootcamp expiring July 10 for $30?]

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
1. You listed 3 scores, not all of them
2. You didn't even list your gpa

1. You listed 3 scores, not all of them
2. You didn't even list your gpa
my bad, my computer glitch'd on me and posted before I was done typing. It's all up there now :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay lol you 100% are fine and don't need a post bac