Do it for..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asingla

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys-

I just wanted to start a thread where we can just mention quickly why we're doing all of this application crap and just a place where we can all root for each other. I hope everyone here gets in. So..

Do it for my grandma, who is dying of cancer and needs you all to find a cure...

Do it for that feeling you get for days after truly helping someone in need...

Do it for Al Copeland of Ames, IA, who applied to medical school six times and didn't get in. He's settled now with a wife and a daughter, but still gets a twinkle in his eye when he passes the hospital on his way to work.

Do it for your children, who will look at you with admiration and pride.

Do it for the days when you feel like you can't wait any longer and that the anxiety just overtakes you.

Do it for the SDNers who always have time to give you hope...

any more?

Members don't see this ad.

Fermata said:
Just because it'll eventually be said and because it's of a different flavor than anything on your list:

-the money.
:laugh:

I'm doing this for myself, pretty much. I just like the field of study. But I'm inconveniencing everyone around me, and will be neglecting my family to do this, so I can't really claim to be doing for them. They're the ones who are going to have to sacrifise for me. I guess ultimately I hope to be able to provide my son with opportunities he wouldn't have otherwise had, and serve as a role model that you can accomplish your goals if you work hard enough. But that's WAY in the future, so for right now, it's all about me. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
Khenon said:
I'm doing this for myself, pretty much. I just like the field of study. But I'm inconveniencing everyone around me, and will be neglecting my family to do this, so I can't really claim to be doing for them. They're the ones who are going to have to sacrifise for me. I guess ultimately I hope to be able to provide my son with opportunities he wouldn't have otherwise had, and serve as a role model that you can accomplish your goals if you work hard enough. But that's WAY in the future, so for right now, it's all about me. :rolleyes:
Good answer, and pretty much how I feel. Fermata, that's not a bad reason. And asingla - I like the Al Copeland story, but I don't understand the anxiety one?!?

...the nookie (come on) the nookie (come on)
so you can take that cookie and stick it up your (yeah)
stick it up your (yeah) stick it up your (yeah)
stick it up your ...