Do Med schools care about your past?

Kebino

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did kind of bad during my freshman year of HS. I failed a few classes and in Sophomore year I failed a few classes too. Do they care if I do well in Junior and Senior years. Also does it matter what college I go to?

Members don't see this ad.

Medical schools do not look at your high school transcripts. You need to concentrate on getting into a good undergrad at this point. Once in college you can start focusing on getting into medical school.

Medical schools do not look at your high school transcripts. You need to concentrate on getting into a good undergrad at this point. Once in college you can start focusing on getting into medical school.
Okay thanks. What about the second question?

Members don't see this ad :)
They don't care if you did bad in HS and they don't care if you did good in HS.

In most cases, med schools don't care where you went to UG. There may be a small boost for certain Ivy league schools and schools like MIT, Cal Tech, etc. but as a general rule, where you went to UG doesn't really matter.

Reactions: 1 user
med schools only care about what you did in college. HS is not looked at, including grading trouble/volunteer activities/groups

The only exception to what has been stated above is if you did actual college courses during high school. I don't mean AP courses, I mean courses done at four year university or community college (during the summer for example). Otherwise, high school grades don't matter to medical schools.

Yes, they expect most students to start off slow. What is more important is that you progress and your grades get better as you go through the years!

Good luck!

Dr. Webb
Orthopaedic Surgery Resident
================
www.fiverr.com/awebbster_1982
Like my page at: facebook.com/awebbmd
Follow me at: antoniowebbmd.com

The universities that you are trying to get accepted to will care. The medical schools that you hope to be accepted to will not care.