Do not deny us the opportunity to advance the pharmacy profession

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Limited residency positions ****** pharmacy profession advancement,

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Your question has only one answer: it depends. On a lot of different factors. I never enjoyed discussing spherical cows in vacuum.

You going to midyear this year? Vegas again. I hate it......but will be there. Can U interview me then buy me an expensive dinner?

Members don't see this ad.

You completely missed me being facetious.....didnt you. You from Arkansas? Ive been through there. Little Rock is fine town!
Ouch. Is that a consequence of too many years in Texas - thinking that Little Rock is a fine town? :smuggrin:

I thought I was going to die when I was there. Of course, it might have something to do with the fact it was well over 90 degrees and absolute humidity even at 6 in the morning... :rolleyes: I was wearing the flimsiest, thinnest sundresses I own and still felt like I was being baked alive. And the locals were wearing jeans... how they manage to survive is beyond me.

You going to midyear this year? Vegas again. I hate it......but will be there. Can U interview me then buy me an expensive dinner?

I want free dinner too. I can pretend to love industry.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ouch. Is that a consequence of too many years in Texas - thinking that Little Rock is a fine town? :smuggrin:

I thought I was going to die when I was there. Of course, it might have something to do with the fact it was well over 90 degrees and absolute humidity even at 6 in the morning... :rolleyes: I was wearing the flimsiest, thinnest sundresses I own and still felt like I was being baked alive. And the locals were wearing jeans... how they manage to survive is beyond me.

Ummmm i enjoy your story about the thin dress and all....but that arkansas line is from lt dan talking to gump and bubba!:smuggrin:

So people complain about the explosion of pharmacy education calling foul on diploma mills yet when we have an unbroken residency system keeping the system in check supplying adequate amount of residency trained pharmaciats, its unfair???

Where do you suppose the rest of the non-residency pharmacists that are the excess of the staffing demand go? If you know so much about the supply and demand, why don't you work to increase the demand side of clinical pharmacy.

Last edited:
If I buy you a dinner, I will have to shoot you. Thank the Sunshine Act. :laugh:

I might go... They are trying to talk me into going, but I am not too keen on the idea - unless I can have a lighter schedule than I did this year. I worked my butt off and all I got is an informal thank you... Besides, I am going to Vegas in a couple months anyway, not sure it's worth two visits a year. It's funny how things work out... I have never been to New Orleans before last year, and now it's going to be 3 times in 13 months.

Where are the rest of the non-residency pharmacists go then? If you know so much about the supply and demand, why don't you work to increase the demand side of clinical pharmacy.

Lol holy chit.... you got us...you trolled us good. ok who are you..... because no one can be this stupid.:smuggrin:

Ummmm i enjoy your story about the thin dress and all....but that arkansas line is from lt dan talking to gump and bubba!:smuggrin:
Ah, most pop culture references have, do, and will fly straight over my head. :D

If I buy you a dinner, I will have to shoot you. Thank the Sunshine Act. :laugh:

I might go... They are trying to talk me into going, but I am not too keen on the idea - unless I can have a lighter schedule than I did this year. I worked my butt off and all I got is an informal thank you... Besides, I am going to Vegas in a couple months anyway, not sure it's worth two visits a year. It's funny how things work out... I have never been to New Orleans before last year, and now it's going to be 3 times in 13 months.

Yknow.....i grew up in new orleans yet never been there for ashp. funny how things work out for reals. i still have my old corporate card......maybe i will use it to buy yall dinner.

Yama sushi in vegas is a must. small hole in the wall joint. dang....im full now but i could go for some sushi now.

Yknow.....i grew up in new orleans yet never been there for ashp. funny how things work out for reals. i still have my old corporate card......maybe i will use it to buy yall dinner.
The one city I have always wanted to visit, since I was 7, is San Francisco. I still have never been there... It's just too far to fly for just a weekend and I don't think it's worth spending a whole week on. And there is never a relevant conference there, somehow.

Members don't see this ad :)
The one city I have always wanted to visit, since I was 7, is San Francisco. I still have never been there... It's just too far to fly for just a weekend and I don't think it's worth spending a whole week on. And there is never a relevant conference there, somehow.

Theres a major orthopod convention this week......im a short drive from SF.....maybe ill go tjis weekend. typically cold there.

Yama sushi in vegas is a must. small hole in the wall joint. dang....im full now but i could go for some sushi now.
I don't care for sushi, or any kind of Asian flavors for that matter.

Theres a major orthopod convention this week......im a short drive from SF.....maybe ill go tjis weekend. typically cold there.
When is the best time to visit it?

Thats unAmerican.
Not liking steak is unAmerican. :p

BTW, I must say that red beans and rice I had in New Orleans were wonderful. Definitely going on my list of "foods I will periodically crave" list. However, barbecued shrimp freaked me out. I have not expected it would look quite so... arthropod-y.

I've been to SF for pharm conferences twice in March/April. It was pretty cool and windy but still beats the hell out of Iglooville that time of year. DH and I went to Sonoma and loved it, apparently it's less snooty than Napa. Obviously the vineyards are just getting started that time of year but it was still beautiful. You could stay there for weeks and still not see every vineyard. The only disadvantage is the windy roads making you have to take it too easy on the generous tasting pours. We've talked about going back; too bad there are so many new places I want to visit and not enough time or money.

Last edited:
Lol holy chit.... you got us...you trolled us good. ok who are you..... because no one can be this stupid.:smuggrin:
You don't remember me, but I remember you. Someone who thinks he is better than the rest but is not, making a fool of himself by talking down to people he doesn't "know", limited to his own little circle, environment where he's too lazy to crawl out of. What a sad story.

this thread is :laugh:

now quit with yer shenanigans and get me a job interview. i promise to use the phrase "bull testicles" with a straight face if you call me in.

ok carry on.

I've been to SF for pharm conferences twice in March/April. It was pretty cool and windy but still beats the hell out of Iglooville that time of year. DH and I went to Sonoma and loved it, apparently it's less snooty than Napa. Obviously the vineyards are just getting started that time of year but it was still beautiful. You could stay there for weeks and still not see every vineyard. The only disadvantage is the windy roads making you have to take it too easy on the generous tasting pours. We've talked about going back; too bad there are so many new places I want to visit and not enough time or money.

My problem exactly... too many interesting places, too little time. I think that if I won the lottery, I would just travel for a few years until I have seen all the world.

In the spring I will be on the road for work all the time, late June/early July is the best time for me to take a short three-four day trip out to SF. Or maybe September. September should be the young wine season...

That kind of cut throat attitude is not what we need. Everyone looking out for themsevles is only going to make things worse. IMO, what we need to do is come together and figure out a solution..

We should go with the coddle throat attitude? "We don't want the best of the best, we want the median of the mean!"

My problem exactly... too many interesting places, too little time. I think that if I won the lottery, I would just travel for a few years until I have seen all the world.

It's just full of other pissed off people with older houses. You're not missing much.

Not liking steak is unAmerican. :p

BTW, I must say that red beans and rice I had in New Orleans were wonderful. Definitely going on my list of "foods I will periodically crave" list. However, barbecued shrimp freaked me out. I have not expected it would look quite so... arthropod-y.

Mmmmm.....love red beans and rice..and sausage. Where did you get the bbq shrimp? its not really bbq'd.....should be broiled in butter and spice. Pascal's has the most awesome bbq shrimp. and you think its arthropodish? Dont go to a crawfish boil.

You don't remember me, but I remember you. Someone who thinks he is better than the rest but is not, making a fool of himself by talking down to people he doesn't "know", limited to his own little circle, environment where he's too lazy to crawl out of. What a sad story.

Considering i made 4 cross country moves with my jobs and having worked with over 100 hospitals spanning from California to Maine, I would think my little circle is comfortably large enough and Ive left the comfort zone many times more than your typical pharmacist.

And I only talk down to dummies.......and you get many chances to prove your dumminess. you succeeded.
:smuggrin:

this thread is :laugh:

now quit with yer shenanigans and get me a job interview. i promise to use the phrase "bull testicles" with a straight face if you call me in.

ok carry on.

Check your pm

Considering i made 4 cross country moves with my jobs and having worked with over 100 hospitals spanning from California to Maine, I would think my little circle is comfortably large enough and Ive left the comfort zone many times more than your typical pharmacist.

And I only talk down to dummies.......and you get many chances to prove your dumminess. you succeeded.

Oh yeah. I did this and that jumped around because nobody liked me, I'm just running away from the haters, I can't seem to stay in one place without getting slapped at. I can see things from different perspectives, and you can't. you only pick fights, because you don't know how to agree. Yes, at this point I'm just perpetuating this thread to entertain the crowd.

Honestly, if only you could answer a question like this one:

Your question has only one answer: it depends. On a lot of different factors. I never enjoyed discussing spherical cows in vacuum.

I would have stopped our absurd conversation 2 pages ago.

Oh yeah. I did this and that jumped around because nobody liked me, I'm just running away from the haters, I can't seem to stay in one place without getting slapped at. I can see things from different perspectives, and you can't. you only pick fights, because you don't know how to agree. Yes, at this point I'm just perpetuating this thread to entertain the crowd.

Lol you know pharmacy is a very small world. if nobody likes you, your chance of moving up or finding a better job is almost impossible. but you dont know enough to know that.

So......hows job search and residency interview going?

Lol you know pharmacy is a very small world. if nobody likes you, your chance of moving up or finding a better job is almost impossible. but you dont know enough to know that.

So......hows job search and residency interview going?

Oh I do. I'm just trying to get you to talk more about yourself. Since you like to do that a lot. Have a job lined up but I want to stay clinical, was the reason why I went after pharmacy after my primary degree. Interviewed at 3 already. Why do you even bother asking someone you already labeled as idiotic/stupid/dumb. I'm answering you only because I'm not an ass like you.

Oh I do. I'm just trying to get you to talk more about yourself. Since you like to do that a lot. Have a job lined up but I want to stay clinical, was the reason why I went after pharmacy after my primary degree. Interviewed at 3 already. Why do you even bother asking someone you already labeled as idiotic/stupid/dumb. I'm answering you only because I'm not an ass like you.

Im an ass only to dummies!

What programs?

Mmmmm.....love red beans and rice..and sausage. Where did you get the bbq shrimp? its not really bbq'd.....should be broiled in butter and spice. Pascal's has the most awesome bbq shrimp. and you think its arthropodish? Dont go to a crawfish boil.
I know it has nothing to do with the bbq sauce, but I think that's the name of the dish, isn't it? It was at the Palace Cafe.

I know what crawfish look like, both live and boiled, and I am definitely not about to eat them. Even in the lab, wearing double gloves, I couldn't force myself to pick one up. I would touch it's back OK, but when I would just think of all those tiny legs under its tail, and the thought would freak me out too much. We all have our weaknesses, and dislike (gastronomical or otherwise) of many-legged critters is mine. :laugh:

Yes, at this point I'm just perpetuating this thread to entertain the crowd.

Your thread was condemned to the entertainment pile from the very beginning. :D

To get a well-reasoned counter argument, you have to provide a well-reasoned argument first. Which you failed to do. You did not even attempt to offer any reasons for your beliefs, just kept repeating them over and over again, like a broken record. Not to mention apparent lack of logic in the way you tried to tie different concepts together. The conversation is absurd because of how you started it, not because of how others (appropriately) responded to it. ;)

Bah.....i tried to be as inappropriate as possible!

Bah.....i tried to be as inappropriate as possible!
Yet your posts were very appropriate given our dear Betterpharmacy's level of understanding of the issue, as well as seriousness and depth of the argument laid out by her. Must be all those years of dealing with... alternatively gifted individuals... that have become ingrained into your subconscious. :laugh:

Alternatively gifted???Lmao!

One of the skills Ive gained through the years is mirroring....not really the physical movement but their intellectual level.....

Alternatively gifted???Lmao!

One of the skills Ive gained through the years is mirroring....not really the physical movement but their intellectual and linguistical levels...
I don't think anyone can survive working in the pharmacy world without learning to adjust to the level of the person they are talking to. Either you learn, or you go nuts. Though maybe that explains why there are so many crazy pharmacists out there. :laugh:

I don't think anyone can survive working in the pharmacy world without learning to adjust to the level of the person they are talking to. Either you learn, or you go nuts. Though maybe that explains why there are so many crazy pharmacists out there. :laugh:

Thank goodness my staff and students arent dumb like the op.

Na. That's just how you are. Ass to everyone you don't know. Stinking up everywhere you go.

I was talking with a friend about her failed relationships/marriages and she told me how someone once told her to look at the common factor: her.

I thought this was a good point and maybe you should give it some thought considering you are having trouble wherever you go. It may not be a trait but a behavior that can be changed.

I second the statement on adaptability. You will encounter many different personalities in life (I'm sure you know this). You can't walk into a place thinking you're going to run the joint just because you have some added qualification. there is a learning curve everywhere. Maybe you should be more open and relaxed?

I know it's unsolicited advice but you are very defensive and hostile in your posts and, although I do find it mildly entertaining, I'm wondering what's eating at you besides Z's posts. I mean, he CAN be annoying at times but aren't we all :p
Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Finding money for the residency is the easy part. the salary is cheap....barely more than a tech salary and it can be subsidized by cms. it s the work of preceptors and time involved that make it difficult.

My last rotation was on an internal medicine service with the pharmacist there being the residency director for the hospital. He basically said what Z is saying - CMS has not put a cap on spending for pharmacy residencies as they have for medical. They will cover 80% of the cost of training for a pharmacy resident. That leaves about 7k-8k to be covered by the hospital. The hard part is finding qualified preceptors because it takes quite a bit of time out of a preceptors schedule for teaching a new student as you can see if any of you have started rotation.

I was talking with a friend about her failed relationships/marriages and she told me how someone once told her to look at the common factor: her.
I say/think this often when talking to people who have an endless litany about their "bad luck". If everyone in your life seems to be crazy, a much more likely explanation is that it is you who is crazy. Also a good movie plot :laugh:

I want to go to a shrimp boil now. Yum.

I say/think this often when talking to people who have an endless litany about their "bad luck". If everyone in your life seems to be crazy, a much more likely explanation is that it is you who is crazy. Also a good movie plot :laugh:

Reminds me of a joke I heard once...

A guy is driving along on the interstate when he gets a call from a friend:
"Be careful, they just said on the radio there is some idiot driving in opposite lane heading your way!"
"Some idiot? There are hundreds of them here!"
:laugh:

Has anyone else heard the rumors of programs being sued by applicants who didn't get interviews?

holy butthurt batman.

Has anyone else heard the rumors of programs being sued by applicants who didn't get interviews?

holy butthurt batman.

That is awful if that's true. I don't even see how you would be able to make a lawsuit out of not getting an interview. Though I was talking to one of my friends the other day and she said she had heard of some people complaining that they didn't get interviews because they were Asian :confused:, so maybe people could play the discrimination card?

I and many other students in here cant argue with you people who have been here longer. I am not going to state my opinions anymore because I am a simply a lowly student and my experience can't compare to yours. Okay. Students don't have a say in this, at all, that's fine. I'm okay with it.

I'm going to ask in a different way.

Explain as much and as long as you want- why is that many very qualified candidates did not get interviews or matched last year and this year.

Last edited:

I thought this was a good point and maybe you should give it some thought considering you are having trouble wherever you go. It may not be a trait but a behavior that can be changed.

I second the statement on adaptability. You will encounter many different personalities in life (I'm sure you know this). You can't walk into a place thinking you're going to run the joint just because you have some added qualification. there is a learning curve everywhere. Maybe you should be more open and relaxed?

I know it's unsolicited advice but you are very defensive and hostile in your posts and, although I do find it mildly entertaining, I'm wondering what's eating at you besides Z's posts. I mean, he CAN be annoying at times but aren't we all :p
Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

I'm coming here to seek discussions and answers to a question many people wanted to ask. I don't appreciate unwelcoming attitudes and internet cliques, and I have a strong dislike toward unprofessional professionals.

I could have wrote this post a different way, with much less frustration and more logic. But i don't regret writing it this way. Because this is how many applicants felt, given that so many people agreed to the statement in the poll.

I feel terribly bad to have attracted people like Z, and his clan. Now many people who could have or wanted to say something are too scared to post anything because of these unprofessional people on this forum. It's just not a healthy environment to exchange opinions.

agtzfmxvbHNlcnYzNHITCxILU3RvcmVkSW1hZ2UY2qoEDA