Do NYU dental students get free dental treatments at school? How about braces?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

timelyjeez

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. I am a new student at NYU, and wondering if they offer free braces as some other schools do.
Please let me know.
Thanks a lot,

Members don't see this ad.

Hi. I am a new student at NYU, and wondering if they offer free braces as some other schools do.
Please let me know.
Thanks a lot,

hah, i was starting at nyu and wondering the same thing cuz I need braces pretty too.

Most dental procedures are covered for free, but anything requiring lab processing (i.e. crowns, bridges, veneers, and braces) are charged at cost.

Members don't see this ad :)
Most dental procedures are covered for free, but anything requiring lab processing (i.e. crowns, bridges, veneers, and braces) are charged at cost.

Then, how much? Do they offer a sort of student discount?

Then, how much? Do they offer a sort of student discount?

So, he/she is telling you that the cost is the cost of the lab work, labor being free. Lab work costs will depend on the lab, procedure and perhaps something unique to a case.

Invisalign is like a grand and braces are like 2 grand....about.

what? invasalign is cheaper than standard braces??

yes you have to pay, but you pay the student rate which is substantially discounted. Couple of kids in my class got braces while in school, expect to cough up at least a thousand... unless you just need invisalign, then if you get it done by a undergrad I think it's $500.

Hi everyone, I am applying to NYU dental school now. I am wondering what do they look at mostly, experience, admission paper, GPA,or else.
I am writing a paper for nyu dental admission, just curious what should I include in my paper.
any insight
Thank you very much

Hi everyone, I am applying to NYU dental school now. I am wondering what do they look at mostly, experience, admission paper, GPA,or else.
I am writing a paper for nyu dental admission, just curious what should I include in my paper.
any insight
Thank you very much

I've heard that they look for a high GPA these days.

My insight is that you shouldn't ask a question by resuscitating a three-year-old thread that has nothing to do with your question.

Point noted. I apolagize for adding to the confusion. :)